Views: 22484|Replies: 59

IS TAIWAN's CHEN A MASTER PUPPET ON THE AMERICAN STAGE ? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-11-29 20:21:09 |Display all floors
United States puppet, Chen Shui-bian (President of Taiwan), is making a desperate bid to salvage his political career ahead of presidential polls next year by saying that a new law on referendum allows him to call for a "referendum vote" on Taipei's sovereignty on March 20 next year.

Aware that he would be trounced in the next elections, the desperate Chen has gone berserk and all-out to fortify his presidential position - not realising that he is holding and playing with a political "time bomb" which if explodes will blow him into smithereens and cause untold damage to Taiwan and peace loving Taiwanese.

China's kindness, generosity and patience in wanting to solve the Taiwan problem peacefully has been taken by Chen as a sign of weakness - not realising that his actions are counter-productive and inactive for peace, prosperity and progress in relations between the mainland and Taiwan; not realising that his political misdemeanours can trigger war to the disadvantage of Taiwan.

Part of the new law states that the President, only with the Cabinet's approval, can trigger a "defensive referendum" if there's an imminent "threat" to Taiwan's self-governing status. Although there is a grey area in the law which does not specifically define "threat" it is generally accepted to allude  an imminent danger from China.

"In order to prevent Taiwan's national security and Taiwan's national sovereignty from being threatened by any outside force, and from undergoing any change, I have the duty, I have the responsibility to be able to call for a referendum if the government approves," Chen quacked.

Chen, who is a lawyer himself, has deliberately misinterpreted the law, but he cannot pull wool over the eyes of about 25 million Taiwanese who appear to be more educated than himself. Little does Chen realise that his latest statement has not only further damaged his credibility as President, but has also shown his lack of comprehension of law and his inability to see that he is slowly isolating Taiwan from the international community while China exercises greater patience.

One only hopes that his masters in Washington are not pulling the strings of this Taiwanese "opera" with master-actor, puppet-President Chen probably on an American stage.   

- arksi - 11292020

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-3 00:26:08 |Display all floors

Why no ppl say btw to this arks.

I wonder why no ppl make a comint about them.
I read them now a few times. mny tru.
much and many he write is the tru thing

Use magic tools Report

helena has been deleted
Post time 2003-12-3 08:59:05 |Display all floors

yes, yes

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-4 14:31:14 |Display all floors

TAIWAN'S CHEN WILL BE THROWN INTO THE RUBBISH HEAP OF HISTORY !!!

helena said: "...yes, you are correct. the guy is nothing more than a sheer political hooligan.....and, sooner or later, we will dump him and all his followers bent on separating our mother's land...."

REPLY: Well said Helena! My opinion is that Taiwan's President Chen is interested more in making a name for himself than protecting the interests of his people. Chen thinks that by shouting  "referendum, independence", history will record him as the greatest leader of Taiwan. Little does he realise that when  China is united with Taiwan, he will be be thrown into the rubbish heap of history. He will be branded as an American lackey and a running-dog of American imperialism. If Cheng kai-shek did not want to pursue with independence, I think this little man Chen is going nuts!

To  justpassing:

REPLY:  Thank you for your kind thoughts. I appreciate it.

- arksi-12041430

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-4 14:32:20 |Display all floors

TAIWAN'S CHEN WILL BE THROWN INTO THE RUBBISH HEAP OF HISTORY !!!

helena said: "...yes, you are correct. the guy is nothing more than a sheer political hooligan.....and, sooner or later, we will dump him and all his followers bent on separating our mother's land...."

REPLY: Well said Helena! My opinion is that Taiwan's President Chen is interested more in making a name for himself than protecting the interests of his people. Chen thinks that by shouting  "referendum, independence", history will record him as the greatest leader of Taiwan. Little does he realise that when  China is united with Taiwan, he will be be thrown into the rubbish heap of history. He will be branded as an American lackey and a running-dog of American imperialism. If Cheng kai-shek did not want to pursue with independence, I think this little man Chen is going nuts!

To  justpassing:

REPLY:  Thank you for your kind thoughts. I appreciate it.

- arksi-12041430

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-4 23:12:31 |Display all floors

another opinion

I once watched CCTV-4 last sunday. There was a program called "two sides of the strait". The compere laid out some datas about the Taiwanese's opinion on the strategy "one country two systems". About  30% said they agreed with it. I don't know what's your view about the data. I only think that time flies away quickly. If the issue can't be solved who knows what could happen next in the island.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-12-11 15:09:22 |Display all floors

TAIWAN'S CHEN PLAYED "JACKAL" ON HIS OWN VOLITION TO WASHINGTON....

golover said:

"another opinion

I once watched CCTV-4 last sunday. There was a program called "two sides of the strait". The compere laid out some datas about the Taiwanese's opinion on the strategy "one country two systems". About 30% said they agreed with it. I don't know what's your view about the data. I only think that time flies away quickly. If the issue can't be solved who knows what could happen next in the island."

REPLY: It depends on what that "data" is all about. I think it must be something that is adverse to the interests of China. Knowing Taiwan and Taiwanese, especially the die-hard, they are a very dangerous lot of people who SADLY DO NOT HAVE FEELINGS EVEN FOR THEIR OWN CHINESE RACE. THE BRITISH HAVE A DEROGATORY NAME FOR SUCH ASIANS. THEY CALL THEM "WOG" (WESTERNIZED ORIENTAL GENTLEMEN). I am confident that the Taiwan issue will be solved through peaceful reconciliation. As you said "time flies" and in that process of time, China will slowly absorb Taiwan. The Taiwanese cannot run away from the fact that there are 1.3 billion people on the mainland who have a greater say in world/international affairs than 25 million Taiwanese.

As Chinese Premier Wen himself said in talks with Bush that "the mainland will reabsorb Taiwan through peaceful means" into Beijing's arrangement of a "one country, two systems" policy. "Stability can only be maintained through unswerving opposition to pro-independence activities," Wen stressed.

In my latest post titled "IS TAIWAN'S CHEN A MASTER PUPPET ON THE AMERICAN STAGE?" I said that THE MOST SIGNIFICANT POINT THAT BUSH AND WEN AGREED ON IN TALKS IS THAT "REFERENDUM IS A WRONG STEP TOWARD INDEPENDENCE." Political observers note that "the AMBIGUITY has finally been dropped."

The U.S. is now observing Chen's dangerous mutterings and antics and political impudence labeling them as that from a "desperado who is leading himself to political suicide" for he (Chen) is now acknowledging to his people that apart from being A SELF-STYLED MASTER PUPPET ON THE AMERICAN STAGE, HE HAD SADLY PLAYED JACKAL ON HIS OWN VOLITION TO WASHINGTON DURING HIS ENTIRE TERM OF OFFICE.

thanks

arthur gamey (arksi) - 12111455

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.