Views: 10065|Replies: 15

82 married to 28? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-12-16 23:07:15 |Display all floors
http://news.sina.com.cn/c/2004-12-16/12155238985.shtml

Singapore News, Prof. Chen Ning Yang, 82, who won Nobel Prize of physics in 1957 announced engagement with 28-year old post-graduate Wong Hong, who studied in Guangzhou Foreign Language and Foreign Trade University. They planed to marry next year January. ....

What do you think about this marriage?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-17 07:50:32 |Display all floors

does it bother you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-17 09:27:01 |Display all floors

AS long as both are singles, it is correct to marry out of love.

I read he is not  that rich & they met&cld respond well to each other, so marry is the correct thing to do. Divorcing to marry is another loser's story
in love but people are left to decide on their won morality.

Do you think she is after money or love???

Lucky it is not she is 82 and he is 28.

Kind regards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-17 11:36:15 |Display all floors

I feel happy for them

I feel happy for them as long as they don't want to have baby. It's just two persons' choise. I think a 28-year old well-educated woman know what she wants. They got what they want.
if they have a baby, I think it'll be unfair to the kid. I don't want to have a father so old.

Use magic tools Report

claire has been deleted
Post time 2004-12-17 13:48:02 |Display all floors

Love is boundless

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-17 14:32:29 |Display all floors

I'd suspect...

...she's attracted to him as an authority figure, a father figure...someone with a lot of experience, a lot of knowledge, whom she respects and trusts.

And he's attracted to her as a young woman, who admires him and finds him attractive (I don't know of ANY older man who wouldn't be flattered by this).

So long as they are happy together, who gives a damn?  Don't see where others have the right to pronounce judgement on them, one way or the other.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-17 15:45:16 |Display all floors

no sex of course

but i think their love is beyond sex.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.