Author: yelson

How can you Interprete the Individual Spirit here --Cowboys,great,but not Gays. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-12-9 14:32:23 |Display all floors

To mikeghet

cowboy is a romantic thing, in my imagination he should have endless glory and sorrow. He has a gun, he uses it to shoot the bad people and after a long day returns home, listen, still whistling...
Any one of you guys has a gun? I'd love to have a look.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-9 15:05:28 |Display all floors

Wow/ You guys thought I could be a Cowday----Thanks for you Surport.and posts

You could be an imitator of the porformor   Who roleplay  Cowboy to showoff the Coolness. That is realitic for me to do if Annual School art Festival invite student to cast a comic show to participate.

What i Said is  " Cowboy competitor to conquer  the Most wild bull when riding on it"

The greatest cowboy only need to spend 2 minute more or less to work on the back of bull in the year to finish his/her mission to win.

Let me have a calculation  2*60/8 =15......So  the cowboy should participate in 15 games in a year.  and  They have time to get cured when being knoced off the back of bull or hurt by the horns during the intervals.

and The Bull are still wild enough with few minute to deal with Tough Human being in the world, well cared by the pastoral..

I think you can see those Real cowboy in the world, they are actually not so rich or lucky as a star as we expected...

God Bless.

Those guys are born to be cowboy, have something wrong in their blood,make them to challenge the wild animal of  temperation as they both have

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-9 16:20:09 |Display all floors

linvisnhi, sorry kit, i don't have a gun anymore ;-)

i used to ahve two one pronounced 30 odd 6 and a 12 gauge shotgun...used the blow the hell out of ply wood and cans at the range with the shotgun ;-) but i gave them to my older hippy mountain man for a brother! LOL

my best friends growing up had all kinds though...six shooters and all..but nobody every shot anyone, just elk and deer.  did you watch tombstone or something? ;-)

linvshi, did you download those songs i suggested??

ewwww...da good da bad and da ugly...nice tushgimi!

"Those guys are born to be cowboy, have something wrong in their blood,make them to challenge the wild animal of temperation as they both have"

it's a way of life, yelson..a mindset some might say.  not crazy or anything, just how they were raised and how they continue to live...usually modestly.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-9 18:11:22 |Display all floors

To Yelson

<<<<<Those guys are born to be cowboy, have something wrong in their blood,make them to challenge the wild animal of temperation as they both have>>>>>
How can you say so? Although I know little about them, I still believe they have nothing wrong with them. They challenged themselves to live a better life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-10 00:04:50 |Display all floors

i've met a real cowboy once

i was in rural missouri visiting my grandparents.  my grandfather is retired, but works part-time at the livestock auction because he likes to chat with his farm buddies (my mother's family moved off the farm into town in the 1970s, but kept the land until the 1990s).  

i was helping him, and our job was to get the animals out of the farmers' trailers and into their respective pens.  there were sheep, pigs, and ... cattle.  cattle were kind of scary, especially cause they were so big and some of them had horns.  i can't imagine riding an untamed bull.  all we had were sticks we used to poke the cattle and whack them with.  sometimes, i had to scramble up the fence if the cattle started running.

anyway ... i met a guy from colorado who worked for different ranchers as a cowboy.  basically, he just goes out into the ranch (can be several hundred square miles) and tends to the cattle, makes sure they're ok and stuff.  he wore a cowboy hat and boots, too.  coooool.  

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-10 00:09:37 |Display all floors

lyrics from bon jovi's "wanted dead or alive"

this was from bon jovi's slipper when wet album, back when they were cool.  i used to listen to this album over and over, and can recite this song from memory.  bon jovi is from new jersey, so i'm pretty sure they don't ride horses, but the do wear cowboy boots (or used to, anyway).

i've got to learn how to play this on guitar.  then i'll be coooool.

ts

It’s all the same, only the names will change
Everyday it seems we’re wasting away
Another place where the faces are so cold
I’d drive all night just to get back home

Chorus:
I’m a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I’m wanted dead or alive
Wanted dead or alive

Sometimes I sleep, sometimes it’s not for days
And the people I meet always go their separate ways
Sometimes you tell the day
By the bottle that you drink
And times when you’re all alone all you do is think

Chorus

I walk these streets, a loaded six string on my back
I play for keeps, ’cause I might not make it back
I been everywhere, still I’m standing tall
I’ve seen a million faces an I’ve rocked them all

I’m a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride
I’m wanted dead or alive
I’m a cowboy, I got the night on my side
I’m wanted dead or alive
Wanted dead or alive

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-12-10 09:03:18 |Display all floors

Forget being a cowboy,

they use helicopters and such to scare the dumb cattle things into behaving -- an expensive profession, especially since the cows have turned into oil wells.

Try being a GI Joe -- that's the ticket! Big, strong, confident, powerful and can kick anybody's ass, anywhere in the world (best to avoid the damn French Legionairs in the bar, though). Now that's what's really cool! Lemme know if I can help ... I have some old poplin cammies you can have for free (take your pick of pattens even, I got desert splotched and gnarly green -- the desert design is in this year)!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.