Views: 7568|Replies: 8

Focus on Russia:Why we should keep a cocked gun under thepillow while sleeping [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-11-22 13:50:26 |Display all floors
Why we should keep a cocked gun under thepillow while sleeping with the Russian?
Focus on Russia
After having a look at the article <Why we should keep a cocked gun under pillow while sleeping with the Japanese>, I think the sentence will be  more vividly to descripe China's relationship with Russia. I admit that at present, China keep  a better diplomatic relations with Russia than we do with Japan. But compared with Japan, Russia is a more danger friend than Japan in the long run.
No doubt that China will be very difficult to keep a friendly relationship with Japan as long as it denies and betray its own history of invading China, and tries to carry out a foreign policy that will benifit itself by hurting others. But as an island nation, Japan can not do better without China.  
However Russia is different thing.  Looking in the perspective of history,, you will find that Russia has long been listed the top nations which ueed to be the big enemies.  Russian people have a long tradition of militarism. A history of Russia is  one that Russia invaded other nations.As the adjascent nation to it,  we should not be likely to be,  more than 150,000 squire kilometers land was rubbed. Now every chinese should understand why Russia now is a largest country in the world.
Don't forget, even after so called Great Revolution in 1917, it was still not willing to give up its chauvinism. Especially after Stalin Era, the Soviet Union became the dangous enemy in the world.
Although at present Russia keeps a very strong ties with Chian in politics, this is just because the disintegrated Bear could not take too much time off to interfer with the internal nations of the outside world.It is not willing to see China growing up a strong country calmly. What's the worse, it will never change its tradition and nature of invasion, either politics controll or ecomomiy controll.

Thus we may be keep a seemingly friendly relationship with Russia temparily, but should never treat with it as a friend worhtwhile to trust.

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-22 14:12:40 |Display all floors

I guess that is right also...we are going to have very bumpy pillows...:)

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

crazyazn has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-23 01:19:29 |Display all floors

"we are going to have very bumpy pillows"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-23 01:59:41 |Display all floors

Look lefty.....will you never stop...not until the island come back...I do not t

Use magic tools Report

ccpforme has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-23 12:10:33 |Display all floors

Huh

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-23 17:21:05 |Display all floors

Not only a lumpy pillow with guns underneath but a Russian and Japanese sleeping

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-24 12:26:37 |Display all floors

Misunderstand!!!!!

I don't think myself lefty.
Politics serves economy. Undoubtedly China's foreign policies shall serve its politics, and serve its enomomic construction.
But that doesn't mean we will have to strengthen China's forces by increasing its budget on national defense- only those who hold a cold- war ideoloy will think so. I just mean when China carries out its foreign policies or makes its decisions, never hold a childish trust on some nations, which show no signes that they are ready to keep a long-term good and friendly relationship and live with us peacefully,both in history and the present.
We should not keep a blind eye in some incidents: until now, some nation, which lauched a invasion war on China, still don't admit its  mountaineous crime committed in China. Some nation should refuse to admit and implement its own committment to China although it has been claiming that it wants to keep a good relationship with China.
Considering these, shouldn't we keep a calm and imperturbable mind?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.