Author: yelson

Can I have your attentions about an Initiated Forum on New Moive and New Song,N [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-11-22 16:26:44 |Display all floors

Thx Ton.---Moive a Big shot's funeral---quoted from another session of this for

i just finished watching the movie "big shot's funeral." it was absolutely hillarious because of the issues it addressed. it's a story of a famous american director (donald sutherland) who dies in china (sort of) and entrusts his funeral to a chinese cameraman (ge you). the ensuring story is about how china is dealing with american pop culture, twisting it, absorbing it, capitalizing on it ...

there are many parts to treasure in this movie; one of the best is where a mafia-type demands his product be advertised during the funeral dirge (sorry. if this sounds crazy, it is. you'll have to see the movie to understand). ge you's character asks him why he wants to spend advertising money on a copycat/fake product. the guy responds, "you don't understand capitalism. advertising makes the fake real." or something like that.

hk's rosamund kwan plays a chinese american lady who falls for ge you in the movie. she speaks chinese with what sounds to me like an american accent. they have a great dialogue in the beginning of the movie.

ANYWAY ... the reason i'm posting a movie review here in the changing china section is because i never thought i would see a chinese (not hk) movie that could make fun of chinese societal issues. ("big shot's funeral" was made in 2001.) this is not criticism, it's sarcasm. it's saying: "yeah, there are a lot of crazy things going on in our country right now. but it's as funny as hell."

the movie is great. here's a review:

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/panasia/big_shots_funeral.htm

this is a great film that embodies "changing china."
20041122162644c427.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-22 16:33:22 |Display all floors

It is neccesarily 4Chinese get informed of Movie News if They don't import that

Yeah,  You can get news about World Super from Interest.

but What if They won't sell their entertaining pruduct to China. Should we get ready to learn more info about it until they come....

Yeah,  If you can get access to see ImPORTED  mOIVE online , why should you go to cinima.

Do you care to know something else happened in the other cornor of the world and your country even have not established relationship with them.

So cute? question

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-26 09:19:58 |Display all floors

Sleepe: wanna help? any Press release about it?

The movie *Henry and Joan(June?) *
Anyone happened to watch it before?
What do you think of it?
I read some outlines of the movie and will watch it later.

Is it a fiction or a fiction from a real story???

sorry for the silly question,, just curious,,,

2004-11-05 11:34  Reply      

calltoarms
+ Send message
+ Posts: 1
+ Joined:
   2004-11-19
  based on fact
It's a story based on Henry Miller's time spent in pre-war Paris. Get into his writing... the movie is pap in comparison.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-26 11:46:25 |Display all floors

alexander_kranks2

The Macedonian vs. the Empty Nesters
Hear that noise? That's the sound of Warner Brothers collectively holding its breath as Alexander opens this weekend.

They've got a lot invested in Oliver Stone's much-hyped three-hour epic about the infamous prince, which is in wide release this weekend.

We're almost as curious as Warner Brothers to see what people think — audiences at preview screenings seemed overwhelmed by the film's length and underwhelmed by most everything else. For those celebrating the official onset of the holidays, Christmas With the Kranks looks like a full helping of gags from Tim Allen. Most folks love a little curmudgeonly comedy as a post-Thanksgiving digestive aid. If your tastes are more refined, Johnny Depp's Finding Neverland is finally playing wide.
200411261146253f16.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-26 15:52:30 |Display all floors

House of flying daggers

source from  Movie.com

Just before the fall of the Tang Dynasty, police officers Jin and Leo fight Mei, a dancer suspected of having ties to a revolutionary faction called the House of Flying Daggers. Charmed by her, however, the officers then decide to help Mei escape.
200411261552300ff2.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-26 15:54:42 |Display all floors

Do it.stp Please

200411261554420ae8.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-26 15:56:49 |Display all floors

Elexander--2

Oliver Stone's epic follows the life of Alexander the Great (Colin Farrell), who conquered most of the known world by the time he was 25. With a Greek and Macedonian army, Alexander tore through 22,000 miles of territory in just eight years, building the world's largest empire. The film looks at the leader's relationship with his mother, Olympias (Angelina Jolie); his friend and battlefield commander, Hephaistion (Jared Leto); his Bactrian wife (Rosario Dawson); and his trusted general, Ptolemy (Anthony Hopkins

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.