Author: coffee_bean

Time (时光) [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2005-2-20 17:51:05 |Display all floors

a small insight

It has been said that the sages had spoken over 2,500 years ago on all matters of the human condition.  They had found the ways forward for man to resolve issues which beset each and everyone throughout his/her life, regardless who the person is, wherever, whenever....

If conservatively we say each lifetime is 50 years, then that period of 2,500 years ago is like 50 lifetimes stacked end-to-end, connecting the lessons from one lifetime to another in a line of 50 lifetimes.  

So how come after so much suffering, learning and experiences, the same problems are still faced by each individual today?

It must be because we have not really learnt and passed on the lessons taught by the sages.

The benchmark for Man seems to now be to learn the lessons passed on by the sages and learn them fully and exercise them, then pass them on, as a set of codes for proper human conduct.

I had the above insight the other night after realizing how little i've changed since my youth.

50 lifetimes is a long time; joined one to the other, the rate of success in being able to conduct oneself peerlessly should have been enormous. Yet....

This is my little contribution to all of you;  maybe someone else has also written before like this; i don't know.

Carry this small torch for me, as i pass on into the twilight of life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-25 13:31:16 |Display all floors

MAKE A FRIEND?

DEAR FRIEND:
      I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR SOUND COMMENT ON THE ILLUMINATING POEM!
      I DESIRE TO MAKE A FRIEND WITH YOU !  
      I AM AN ENGLISH MAJOR IN HIHG SCHOOL!
      MY EMIAL IS(  jyqnesta7@21cn.com)
      MY QQ IS 149020415

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-27 11:22:30 |Display all floors

beautiful sentences!

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is mystery.
Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present!!
It is so beautiful  that I love it very much!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-2-27 12:52:21 |Display all floors

no

yesterday's a lesson; tomorrow, another test;
but, today, well-lived, makes for a kinder passing mark.

mark wu

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-1 02:24:08 |Display all floors

Very good!!!

I should express my thank to you,because today is the first day that I join our forum.The article upwards you sent up is a very good gift to me. my English has laied for several years ,I am glad to meet youfriends,here is a goodplase!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-8 17:22:26 |Display all floors

beautiful and true essay

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2005-3-9 11:31:28 |Display all floors

good guy

I 'll cherish every moment!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.