Author: ahchoo

Uprisings in China, are foreign teachers making trouble again? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-11-7 15:30:07 |Display all floors

mmm, I do not believe that.

According to my own experience, I met a foreigner from USA before, and till now we are still friend ,corresponding to each other. He told me that most foreign news papers and TV stations are the true instigators. Different people have different opinions, many of our news agencies do not cover or report the true stories as we hope, They for their evil purposes , propagandize their make-ups. I do not believe their stories. But I can not get the first-handed information myself. So I'd like to say we are all the victims of these pieces of news
Most Foreigners arenot the beneficiaries of our uprisings.
Be rational please.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-9 16:57:33 |Display all floors

English word for the day

xenophobia
noun [U]
extreme dislike or fear of foreigners, their customs, their religions, etc.

xenophobic  
adjective
a xenophobic mistrust of everything that isn't part of your native culture

xenophobe  
noun [C]
a person who strongly dislikes or fears foreigners, their customs, their religions, etc.

(Paraphrased from Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-9 17:45:02 |Display all floors

non-devil definition

xenophobe
noun:
anyone who, through extensive experience, through education, or all the people of the native non-anglo eart who just has any common sense at all,  has many excellent reasons for having an extreme predjudice, strong dislike or hatrid towards foreigners, their customs, their religions, etc., NOT to include fear, save it be a fear for the destruction of their own culture, customs, beliefs, religion, etc...

(paraphrased from the school of hard knocks and false cracks's "New dictionary of universal common sense and enlightenment" 39,889th edition)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-10 00:18:17 |Display all floors

Really?

gdrabbit wrote:

"...has many excellent reasons for having an extreme predjudice, strong dislike or hatrid towards foreigners, their customs, their religions, etc., ..."

Are you truly suggesting that there is a place for prejudice and hatred in the world?

Also, what makes you think I am an 'anglo'?

Thank you though, your reply to my post is an excellent illustration of the meaning of xenophobia.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-16 12:11:53 |Display all floors

Gdrabbit

Define, foreigner.
To Chinese there seems to be this mindset of 'us' and 'them' only.
Chinese and non Chinese.
And if you are Chinese it's O.K. to be racist and xenophobic, if you're not Chinese it's not O.K.
Is that how it is gdrabbit?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.