Author: coolmax

Atrocities committed by aggressors [Adult Only] [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-11-3 11:13:24 |Display all floors

Sorry, PT, but there is no fun here.

Pictures have much stronger potential of expression than words. Especially if presented to male audience.
Next one.
200411031113244802.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-3 12:39:21 |Display all floors

the last one,again

200411031239215323.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-3 13:04:35 |Display all floors

Andydob

Is this in the caves by the lake near Zhanjiang?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-3 13:24:46 |Display all floors

To AndyDob

Pls don't compare Asian(I guess you would say Chinese) slavery with modern western capitalism. you know it. You should be fair. why do you like to quibble?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-3 14:10:02 |Display all floors

Now I can write something more

Linvshi .>>&gtls don't compare Asian(I guess you would say Chinese) slavery with modern western capitalism<<<

Sorry, I do not understand what you have on mind. I do not compare the political systems here. This thread is about something else. About cruelty.

Ahchoo. These pictures were taken in  Dao sanctuary in Nantong. The figures are about 2 feet tall, made of clay.
------------
Why have I posted them here? -> because in the moment I saw these paintings on the 1st page I got the feeling I had seen these methods  somewhere before.

For the clarification and to spare they time of those ,who may jump out with counter attacks.
These pictures present the imaginations of Chinese of what the hell is. I have more pictures, but I do not see any need to send them here.This is not a thread sacrified Dao religion.
The imaginations of Europeans were equally barbaric and brutal, though the methods were a bit different. At least they were not all the same. For example boiling in a huge wok is common to both, nailg heads not. Nails are known to be driven into hearts in some parts in Europe (on pictures).
A visit to many of chambers of tortures exposed in european castles has a thunder impact on more sensible tourists.

What I want to say. Imaginations of tortures do not come from  Hell, unless somebody believes it is possible. These imaginations present the hell on Earth, made and refined by us, people.
I do not recall some of these specific methods of killing from european version of hell, but they are present here, in Far East.

The painter of these pictures had one target on mind. The same target as the artists in old Europe and China. To get the possible most terrifying impression on watchers.
Now, what were the models ? The answer is - local customs.

Do you see the same motives on paintings and clay figures?
These ideas are not coming from the Euro-US circle. They are east asiatic.
It does not mean westerners were less cruel and barbaric in their part. Just a bit different.

Therefore I smell fish of cheap propoganda. Biffthewhite probably points in right direction -NK . Artistic "culture" of the CR times in CH was almost the same. I cannot be 100% sure where the paintings come from.

If these pictures are taken as a corpus delicti for any discussion - that's misleading to say the least.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-3 15:06:18 |Display all floors

To AndyDob

quote:
Sorry, I do not understand what you have on mind. I do not compare the political systems here. This thread is about something else. About cruelty.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's why I said you should no compare Asian (or say Chinese) slavery with modern western capitalism. If you read from books about Primitive society in which 'human ate human' you will cheer up at the pictures you see for what a progress these soldiers made by only committing retrocities. You cannot compare the cruelty in different times.

agian quote:
It does not mean westerners were less cruel and barbaric in their part. Just a bit different.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe you are right. But China is one of the four ancient modernized countries where human civilization first originated,  when its people began to cultivate the soil, there were people in other part of the world still busy eating raw animal meat.
I don't mean to offend, just some information.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-3 15:50:56 |Display all floors

Linvshi

I did not take your comment as offence. (may be because I do not know the word "quibble" :--)))

I  really do NOT compare situations between such remote points in geography AND in time.

Look, I see the pictures where soldiers from the west , wearing uniforms stylised on 1930-1970 time commit some specific kind of murders/or tortures.
These pictures are the canva of the thread "Look what THEY have done to us". Isn't it so?

I have a second look, close look and I find forgery. More, I find these motives are based on FAR EAST ways of imagination of cruelty - not WESTERN.
That's all my point.

----
>>>people in other part of the world still busy eating raw animal meat [when China had already been civilized-my addition]<<<

They still keep on eating raw meet, just go to japanese reastaurant. I also do eat raw meat sometimes. It proves nothing, linvshi. It may prove today something just contrary - lack of proper refrigerating chain = backwardness.

The skill of igniting the fire is older than homo sapiens sapiens.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.