Author: lau_guan_kim

The fear of China [Copy link] 中文

crazyazn has been deleted
Post time 2004-11-1 20:31:51 |Display all floors

Interesting post by Mr Wu who has spoken!!!

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 22:46:22 |Display all floors

Peter H

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 22:52:22 |Display all floors

Andy

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 23:07:26 |Display all floors

from "star wars: the emprie strikes back"

original version ...

Darth Vader: There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you. [pauses] Luke, you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.
Luke Skywalker: I'll never join you!
Darth Vader: If you only knew the *power* of the dark side. Obi-wan never told you what happened to your father.
Luke Skywalker: He told me enough! He told me *you* killed him.
Darth Vader: No. *I* am your father.

cd version ...

Chairman: There is no escape. Don't make me destroy you. [pauses] LGK, you do not yet realize your importance. You have only begun to discover your power. Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.
LGK: I'll never join you!
Chairman: If you only knew the *power* of the dark side. The administrators never told you what happened to your father.
LGK: They told me enough! They told me *you* killed him.
Chairman: No. *I* am your father.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 23:11:27 |Display all floors

Who is afraid of the China bigots?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-2 00:33:45 |Display all floors

The time has come to look beyond the hroizon, Mark Wu

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-2 12:14:01 |Display all floors

Mark Wu

I am terribly sorry to comunicate to you the bad news.

You are very ,very wrong in this part:

>>>China is the only country in the world whose land has been the battleground for two foreign powers .

China is the only country which had won two battles. And retreated her valiant troops to give away the won land.<<<

China is not the only and specific country as long as we take these parameters. There are other countries/nations who have gone through much more violent times of foreign invasions. There are also countries which won more battles then 2 and withdrew from the teritory.

China has its unique characteristics like any other countries. Others are unique as much. Therefore there is nothing unique between "Uniques".
There are things unique to China , good and bad, but these samples above are not.

A love for one's country does not need to be built on false base. There is still enough number of beautiful things in your country , which are unique not in the sense they are better/worse than others. They are unique because they are YOURS.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.