Views: 3340|Replies: 6

china daily's article title is WRONG: "Iraqi war deaths count to 100,000 -- surv [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-10-29 23:28:11 |Display all floors
i think this is an honest mistake on the part of whoever wrote this article title for the chinadaily.com.cn front page.  

reading the article itself, it is difficult to understand that the 100,000 figure is for ALL the deaths in the last year and a half.  it is not only for "war deaths," as the china daily title claims.  iraq has a population of 25 million people.  

the study featured in the article says the death rate in iraq has increased 1.5 times since the beginning of the invasion, likely due to fighting, inadequate municipal services, increased stress, etc.

i did a google search and could not find any reuters or associated press articles that use the same title.  reuters and ap all used different titles that more accurately reflect the article.  

ts

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2004-10/29/content_386739.htm

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-30 04:21:52 |Display all floors

yes

big mistake..

but hey, it's only 5 zeros off...and at worst 4 zeros

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-30 09:31:27 |Display all floors

J.N.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 12:10:30 |Display all floors

re: broken_heart

thanks.  

turns I was totally wrong about the 100,000 figure, not china daily.  

100,000 is kinda astounding, i have to admit.  and for a harvard-backed study, i would have expected a more scientific study, and especially a more scientific conclusion.  

"Excluding information from Falluja, they estimate that 100,000 more Iraqis died than would have been expected had the invasion not occurred. Eighty-four percent of the deaths were reported to be caused by the actions of Coalition forces and 95 percent of those deaths were due to air strikes and artillery."

anyway, i was totally wrong about the 100,000 being the total number instead of the additional deaths.

ts

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2004-11-1 12:14:26 |Display all floors

turns I was totally wrong about the 100,000 figure, not china daily.

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 12:24:31 |Display all floors

tsupasat, a victim of western media

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-11-1 13:34:43 |Display all floors

Tsupussy worships the rear of my dog which is called jesus christ

It won't matter to his thick skull, or how little grey matter that is in there, that 100,000 innocent Iraqis died because of the oil greed of his equally racist, crusading compatriots. His first reaction is to defend the unspeakable, undefendable crime against humanity -- the slaughter of tens of thousands of civilians in Iraq!!

Such is tsunpussy, and that is exactly what he intends to do to the Chinese people. He lies and spams on this CD board daily because he wants China one day to be like the Iraq of today, and he wants Chinese to be slaughtered in thousands like the Iraqis!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.