Views: 17688|Replies: 62

China Daily, please be professional [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-10-29 01:32:57 |Display all floors
China Daily,

I am still new in this forum. I did read the "open letters" of TPJ and Chairman and wished I could help them in some way. Then I saw you put TPJ's letter in the front page Reader's Voice column. I am shocked and I don't know why.

Personally I felt it's unprofessional that China Daily put TJP's letter in the front at this sensitive moment when they are at odd. From a reader's point of view I felt the letter was not written in a calm mood. What's the point that China Daily put it out? to encourage the fight? or to send a message to certain people? What kind of atmosphere China Daily wants to create in this forum?

Please don't misunderstand me, I am not for Chairman or against TPJ. In fact, I have never talked with either of them. I found both expressed valuable opinions. It's understandable people couldn't agree with each other sometimes or all the time. I don't know the history of this forum, but that's not important, it doesn't make me less qualified in expressing my concern or opinion -- It's irresponsible for China Daily to treat the matter  in such an unprofessional way.

China Daily should also let the members know that racist ill-religious name calling is unacceptable. What is Chinaman? What is China bigot? This is China Forum.

I understand your desire of attracting more English readers but that should not be your single highest priority. What's the point to have China Daily if it's just another Western Times? I don't understand why you put tsupasat's 3 months old thread as a new 'recommended', he seems to be your favorite. He is now proudly bragging his collection of other members' private personal messages/information so timely released by China Daily. Fanning the fire! What went wrong?! Are you going to give us an explanation?

Finally, I do hope TPJ won't take me personally. I look forward to reading your real opinions when we are all out of this mess. I deeply appreciate many American forumites' open mindedness and I also understand the deep feelings among Chinese forumites. Let's make the forum a place to share, to fight and to learn.

Regards,

Shan Huang

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-29 01:54:27 |Display all floors

re: shan huang

sensible post.  

and as such, it has no place in this very insensible forum.  ;-P

i've been participating here for 10 months now ... almost 11 months.  one of the things i've figured out is that the moderators are a largely honest bunch, but a little inconsistent and hard to gauge.  we little people often like to think of those in power (such as the chinese or u.s. governments, or media) as being one large group.  in reality, it is not so.  they are also little people with little-people mistakes.  

i think someone (or some people) definitely had quite a few lapses of judgment.  but tpj's was not by any means the worst thing posted on the cd front page.  we've seen lots worse from others.  chairman's "blackie lau" had a post that caught the attention of china bloggers some time ago.  that was fun.  

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-29 02:04:54 |Display all floors

tsupasat, it's not as simple as you said, you know it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-29 02:12:09 |Display all floors

Shan Huang

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-29 02:20:24 |Display all floors

what do you mean "not as simple"

you are the one who tries to see complex intrigue into every situation.  you really think the cd editors have a big meeting where they sit around and discuss, "hm ... what do you think we should do about shan huang?"  you're not that important, brother, and neither am i.  

there is no grand scheme on the part of the cd editors.  i think they simply make some mistakes from time to time.  the made a good call, however, in deciding to allow people to spell taiwan, hong kong, tibet, xinjiang, and other words correctly.  it was getting embarassing ... i was starting to write "twan" in emails to other people, for example.  :-P

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-29 02:27:11 |Display all floors

It was spamming, lying bitches like you, tsunpussy, who forced the mods to use f

How many times did you repost an anti-China lying post IN ALL subsections of the CD board and AFTER it had been repeatedly deleted by the mods?

Shame on you, you anti-China lying, bitching spammer!

And you still have the nerve to complain about the filters spammers like yourself had caused on the CD board???

Go to hell, you shameless buttface!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-29 02:30:08 |Display all floors

Lau Guan Kim

I think this is the first time you talk to me. As long as you use the language such as "China bigot" against "foreigners", I have no obligation to talk to you. I am not religious, doesn't that make me partial or impartial?

Be sensible and I am not picking up your fight. I don't even know you, I am too busy to read your posts. Not now.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.