Author: thestud

Margaret Hassan pleads for her life [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-10-23 12:28:30 |Display all floors

Chineseyang -- did you read the article????

Margaret Hassan is not part of any invading forces.  She has lived in Iraq for 30 years, she is married to an Iraqi man, she holds an Iraqi passport, and I believe she is half-Iraqi.  She has been engaged for the past 12 years in caring for the poorest and neediest Iraqi people -- rebuilding hospitals, restoring basic sanitation to the masses -- that kind of thing.

The biggest difference between her and the Chinese engineers is that she has invested her life's work for her own country -- Iraq .

And so far the only result of her kidnapping is that CARE international has suspended their humanitarean work in Iraq.  The victims of this latest kidnapping are the Iraqi people themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-23 12:30:36 |Display all floors

mmm

She's about to get her head hacked off although she spent 30 years helping Iraq and opposed the invasion.  And yang thinks it's the fault of the UK government.  

Drugs?  Mental illness?  Alcohol?  What's wrong with you Yang?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-23 15:43:17 |Display all floors

If more people thought about Yangs situation...

they'd realize the severe hipocrisy that accompanies her every keystroke on this forum, and likely, every breathe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-23 15:45:21 |Display all floors

On the Hassan affair...

It occurs to me that we might all be witnessing a 'red'herring' and that she might be part of the whole thing. Not likely, mind you, but possible just the same.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-23 16:27:34 |Display all floors

red herring?

the same niggling possibility crossed my mind --- i think it was the eyeliner in the photo -- after three days in captivity (mine wears off after 20 minutes)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-23 23:23:19 |Display all floors

She was safe under Saddam.

Saddam ran a secular government, and even appointed women to positions of authority throughout the regime.

The Jihadists who have kidnapped Hassan recognize that all forms of Western influence are poisonous to their religion, regardless of whether it takes the form of violence or love.  

The USA has recognized the same principle in some ways under some conditions.  For example, the Hollywood depiction of an American POW refusing a cigarette from his captors' interrogator shows that to accept friendship and assistance can be a form a disloyalty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-24 20:15:58 |Display all floors

Are you a FOOL, Yang, or just deliberately provocative?

Of course Margaret Hassan, dual British and Iraqi citizen, married to an Iraqi and working for an Australian Aid organisation was there to help the ordinary people of Iraq.

These mad nutcases who kidnap and murder, have long ago demonstrated the total illegitimacy of their of their cause.

Yang appears to encourage these abhorrent actions by her words.
But then again she also lies in this forum and makes unfounded allegations against others, without evidence and without apologising when she is wrong.

Let's all hope that Margaret Hassan is released by these cowards who care nothing for the people of Iraq, or human life in general.

JB

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.