Author: pepper

How to improve writing ability? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2009-4-12 21:33:59 |Display all floors
maybe  i  think   ```more  writing   and   hold  on   

everyday   ,write  something

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-23 17:06:48 |Display all floors
6. Can you write Chinese well? If you can not, improve you Chinese writing first

i think this is the key point!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-28 11:39:53 |Display all floors

reciting make me remember my high school life

Originally posted by helihong at 2003-11-15 21:40
i think reciting is a short cut for rapid improving of writing ability. as the chinese proverb goes, if you can recite all 300 tang poems, you can be a good poet. keep reciting, just as what i did.

when i was a high school student ,my english teacher let us recite the book ,and then he would check randomly ! it's my cherish   memory!:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-28 11:40:33 |Display all floors

keep dairy

Originally posted by foreverbb66 at 2009-4-12 21:33
maybe  i  think   ```more  writing   and   hold  on   

everyday   ,write  something

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-28 11:44:44 |Display all floors
of course. you must memoralize many words. Word is the very basis of English Writting.
My suggestion: http://www.onlinedown.net/soft/4243.htm
Use it!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-4-29 12:15:03 |Display all floors
My suggestion is to befriend someone who is a native speaker of English or someone who is bilingual in the utmost sense.
Also, start with kid books [I know that may sound silly, but really, it works].  They are meant for people learning the language, and you might find yourself enjoying some of the stories. Haha!  After you get down some of the basic books, try teen books, which are often written in simpler languages than those written for adults.  One or two series that you might enjoy [anyone, really]: the Harry Potter series, the Twilight series, The Enchanted Forest Chronicles and the Artemis Fowl series.  All are generally geared toward young ones, but are very enjoyable to read, and I often sit up at night reading until I finish or I fall asleep.  And all are excellent writers!  They all have very different styles of writing, however, and that will be good for anyone who is looking to improve their writing.

The earliest writing anyone does is usually their own name, and then a journal of some sort.  I kept a journal of short stories since I first learned how to write [I am now working on two novels] and kept on writing and reading everyday until I got to the level I am at now.  Reading can teach you, but only practice will make you good.  You have to remember that!  If you don't want to write about your own life [like mine, it might be boring] consider writing yourself into the books you like [even the Chinese ones], but of course write it in English!  Fan fictions is what I wrote, because its simpler than making up your own characters, but still requires writing skills and imagination.  Of course if you have your own ideas write! Write until your hands fall off from exhaustion and you have the biggest headache ever!!!

Also, reading will expand your vocabulary.  It's simple and easy to keep a dictionary close at hand when reading [I still need to look up a word here and there, so there is no shame] if you cannot figure it out by context.

I certainly hope that I have helped!  If anyone wants anymore suggested reading, or any questions, PM me or reply here!  I am more than happy to help!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2009-5-4 14:25:01 |Display all floors
there are lots of methods to improve writing.as i know from the replies that keeping writing is the key method.so i will write some in english everyday.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.