Author: pepper

How to improve writing ability? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2011-2-20 05:19:34 |Display all floors

How to improve writing

Hi there,
How can you improve your writing? I am an English teacher and i get asked that all the time! Please see this article on my website. I hope you find it useful:
http://englishforuniversity.com/?page_id=1332
The Professor

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-2-21 12:17:38 |Display all floors

practice

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-3 15:35:52 |Display all floors

Write sth even wee thing

I think the best way is write something even very tiny.Days later,you may find that you writting alility is different than before.
Good luck with u.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-3-24 00:07:54 |Display all floors
There is no simple way to develop writing skills. Some types of writing require talent and if you do not have any to start with there is nothing you can do to improve it.
Read a range of writing, news, popular fiction and magazines but in general keep away from poetry and what is generally considered literature, these have vocabulary, structures and conventions that are not commonly used. Once you can write simple concise well structured passages you can look at specializes styles of writing.
Always write as if it was for someone else to read, give an introduction, a body and a conclusion. Try and use simple language and keep the sentences short. Once you have finished read it and correct any errors you find. After a period of time, one or two days, edit it again to see if you can find errors or better ways of saying what you want to say.
As far as general written communication or exam writing is concerned a diary is good, but do not just write it, read it and see if you can understand what you wrote last week, correct your own work, can I understand what I wrote, does it make sense, do I see any grammar problems.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2011-6-14 13:12:09 |Display all floors
Nice topic,mark.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.