Author: huaqiao

Pro-demoncracy lawmakers in Hong Kong--white collar demons [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-10-21 12:52:31 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2019-10-20 13:16
"But the crucial thing is that not everybody knows what they mean exactly."

So if you do know, un ...

I do know these are not perfect ideologies. I have written a post on this matter. You will find out what my thoughts are regarding this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-21 15:41:20 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2019-10-20 13:16
"But the crucial thing is that not everybody knows what they mean exactly."

So if you do know, un ...

re: '"But the crucial thing is that not everybody knows what they mean exactly."
     So if you do know, unlike others, why don't you inform us "what exactly" these terms mean?'

Hmm;
    Australia's biggest newspaper rivals have made a rare showing of unity by publishing redacted front pages in a protest against press restrictions.

The government said it backed press freedom but "no one was above the law".  ABC managing director David Anderson said: "Australia is at risk of becoming the world's most secretive democracy."

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said press freedom was important to Australia's democracy, but added the "rule of law" needed to be upheld.
     "That includes me, or any journalist, or anyone else,'' he said on Sunday.

Unlike most liberal democracies, Australia does not have a bill of rights or constitutionally enshrined protections for freedom of speech.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-21 16:39:53 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2019-10-21 12:52
I do know these are not perfect ideologies. I have written a post on this matter. You will find ou ...

If they are not perfect then please explain why.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-21 23:34:14 |Display all floors
The US politicos are just a beau ideal of hypocrites, despicable...
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-22 13:17:56 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2019-10-21 23:34
The US politicos are just a beau ideal of hypocrites, despicable...

The Kurds know all about it...

Believe in the horned one and he'll gore you...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-22 13:54:07 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2019-10-21 16:39
If they are not perfect then please explain why.

Below are the posts I have done regarding my thoughts on "democracy". I do not have time to explain but you can read them:

https://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-1903757-1-1.html

https://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-1902170-1-1.html

https://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-651259-1-1.html

Additionally, although Athens was known as the "cradle of democracy", "democracy" did not survive long enough to make an impact to the world in ancient times. Even Socrates and Aristotle (great thinkers of that time) did not support "democracy".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-23 08:05:23 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-10-21 15:41
re: '"But the crucial thing is that not everybody knows what they mean exactly."
     So if you do ...

The Australian Constitution was introduced in 1901 the same year that the country was proclaimed an independent nation. That document gives a detailed account of how the Government may pass legislation, including that concerning courts of law. It is these courts which can then decide whether or not individuals or media can freely express their opinions. Thus, there is a separation of powers between the government and the law. The High Court has decided the outcomes of many cases which relate to the Constitution. Obviously no such procedures exist in the mainland compared to those in HK or elsewhere.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.