Author: reedak

Hong Kong where lone police officer is hunted like prey [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-10-4 11:14:40 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2019-10-4 07:50
"blatant hypocrisies and shameful lies"  How can something be hypocritical but a lie at the same t ...

It behooves Hong Long to stick to the so-called "one nation, two systems" if mainland China  wants to give the KMT a chance to outgun the  the ruling DPP in Taiwan in the next so-called presidential election.  You know the DPP could use current Hong Kong's protest movement to amplify the message that what folly to buy into mainland's idea of one nation, two systems.

I'd argue that you are  sending a gift to the DPP when you do this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-4 15:35:29 |Display all floors
however, that doesn't mean  we have to consent to police brutality in a case in which an unarmed  student got shot in the chest  by a gun-toting constable.

That is how the anti-China western media would like to spin it but that is not true.

The policeman went to the rescue of his fellow police who was being attacked by a bunch of pro-democracy mobsters. In doing so he was attacked as well so he drew out his gun for protection. Then, he was hit by a rod on the arm and that's how he shot the attacker on the chest nearer to the shoulder, not point blank at the chest. This is not police brutality and the student was armed and assaulted the policeman. The video says it all.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-4 18:17:04 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2019-10-4 15:35
That is how the anti-China western media would like to spin it but that is not true.

The policema ...

The victim, who's said to be an 18-year-old-man, wasn't holding a gun in his hand. It's true that he was seen trying to lunge at a cop wearing a bullet-proof vest, yet he failed to cosh that cop and got shot by the irate  cop who pulled the trigger with a flounce.

I'm not trying to make a case that  cop shouldn't have tried his utmost to protect himself.  What I'm trying to point out is that the cops would be better off wielding batons to scare off such protesters instead of pointing their guns at them.

How about Chinese Kungfu?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-4 18:35:12 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2019-10-4 15:35

The policema ...

Not all the foreign journalists covering this event want to paint mainland in a negative light. Grace Shao, who once worked for CCTV News, covers the ongoing protest movement for an American TV channel . She hails from Singapore, not America or Britain, just like another female journalist who hails from South Korea.

In fairness, I have to admit that such American channels' reporters have their own biases.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-4 19:11:27 |Display all floors
tatata69 Post time: 2019-10-4 11:00
I'd imagine that only a devotee of fascism would make dreadful remarks like this. By your reckon ...

Don't talk tosh boy, your bs holds no root here.
These young thugs are no ordinary protestors, they are paid wreckers by their Taiwanese and Anglo masters.

Black rioting in the US don't normally last into the third night. At the end of the second day of mayhem, two dozens of police supplied body bags will have been used up for the shot victims.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-4 19:16:11 |Display all floors
tatata69 Post time: 2019-10-4 18:17
The victim, who's said to be an 18-year-old-man, wasn't holding a gun in his hand. It's true that  ...

Well you go and strike a US cop with his pistol in hand, warning and pointing at you, and see what happen next.
If you go posting this dumb, you won't live to your mid-teen.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-4 20:00:18 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2019-10-4 19:16
Well you go and strike a US cop with his pistol in hand, warning and pointing at you, and see what ...

I don't want people acting like a provocateur like you.   More to the point, I don't watch TVB and its  dramas like you. TVB's dramas are twee; only some housewives would be happy to take a look.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.