Author: ceciliazhang

China slams U.S. for distorting facts over religious freedom [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-9-29 13:32:15 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-9-28 21:48
There are 4200 religions in the world today. Twelve of them are classed as "major religions": Baha'i ...
you do not have religious freedom.

Who is the judge of what is religious and what is not? You?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-9-29 21:33:19 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2019-9-29 13:30
Which country officially practises 4200 religions?

A country does not have to practice a religion in order to recognize it. Freedom of Religion means RECOGNIZING and ALLOWING a religion's worshippers to freely practice their religion. In China, certain major religions are "tolerated" under the guise of being "recognized" because the Party sees religion as a threat to its overall power base. What's the Number 1 "Rule" in China? Duty to the Party comes above all else. What's the Number 1 "Rule" in just about every religion? Duty to "God" comes above all else. This presents a conflict for some people. Putting the Party first and foremost can betray one's faith, and putting faith first and foremost will betray the Party. This is why it is very important to keep Church and State separated.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-9-30 14:30:34 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-9-29 21:33
A country does not have to practice a religion in order to recognize it. Freedom of Religion means ...
This is why it is very important to keep Church and State separated.

I think it means different things to different people. To the religious, it means the state should stay out of their religion. To the the state, it means practise religion within the laws of the state.

You do not know this but in reality, there are more religions practised in China than the stated "official" ones. These are all carried out without any interference from the government. For example, in the coastal regions, people worship Mazu. In some southern parts, people worship Lady Xian. Most of the religions I know of (including major ones) do not interfere with state affairs. Maybe Islam, but I think it is subject to interpretation. There are more peaceful muslims than terrorists ones. Even Christianity does not teach interference in secular affairs. It is only after Constantinople became emperor that he made religion a state affair.
Duty to God does not interfere with loyalty to the country. China does not require people to worship the government so how does that interfere with religion? Worship of God and loyalty to country are two different things.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2019-10-1 12:58:39 |Display all floors
I've lived in China for two years now and one of the things I like most about China is that it has freedom from religion.
The US is crawling with religious nuts, mostly Christians of one kind or another, who want to stick their nose in your business and when they find out you're either an atheist or agnostic they act like you have the plague.
The US is one of the least tolerant nations on earth because they promote big business religion like no other.
Who is stupid enough to believe God came to earth 2000 years ago and knocked up a virgin. The freak offspring was so obnoxious he got himself crucified and then came back to life two days later? Then anyone who believes this fairy tale is supposed to live for eternity in heaven and if you're smart enough to disbelieve this BS then you'll spend eternity in the fires of hell.
What a loving F'ing God.

All religions are man-made. They are all there to subjugate people and squeeze money out of them. There is nothing spiritual about religion. It's about worshiping a fictional God and paying money to do so.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-1 19:16:52 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2019-10-1 12:58
I've lived in China for two years now and one of the things I like most about China is that it has f ...

well said...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-1 21:43:38 |Display all floors
I've lived in China for two years now and one of the things I like most about China is that it has f ...

That's Freedom of Religion!!

Even Nuts and wackos are free to practice their form of religion.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-10-2 19:11:55 |Display all floors

AGREED with you . Read this too :

C3 is the mega-church making mega-millions, but it's now mired in a sex scandal.

Tonight, in the second part of the investigation, A Current Affair revealed further scandals plaguing the church. Until last year, pastor Anthony Shalala was one of C3's rising stars.
He was tasked with spreading the church to Malaysia after showing the C3 flair for raising money.
On Instagram, Phil Pringle once described him as a "great man".

Another pastor, Trevor Russell, was convicted of molesting boys at a Christian City Church camp in Adelaide in the 1980s. Three of the victims launched a civil claim 10 years ago, stating church elders failed to act on repeated warnings of Russell's inappropriate behaviour.

One of Ps Pringle's protege's Kong Hee, started his own church in Singapore.
But Kong Hee was convicted and jailed after embezzling $50 million of donations from his believers.
He spent $20 million building his wife Sun's music career.
Ps Pringle asked the faithful for more money to fund Kong Hee's legal defence.

And now, Ps Pringle has a plan to influence the very top echelon of power in this country via C3 Australia director John Pearce.

FULLL OF CRAPS !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.