Author: zaq

What must Canada do to fix relations with China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 4 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2019-9-10 17:35
So there must be thousands of HK people of all ages who are abnormal by your definition. There mus ...

re: "So there must be thousands of HK people of all ages who are abnormal by your definition."

Ol'chap, I'll give you one example of abnormality:

The other day I approached an elderly woman carrying a US flag and shouting:  FREE HONG KONG.
After I got close to her and ask: Mother, what should we free you from:  She glared at me and yelled rather loud for her age:  

Don't you see I'm working, they watch me all the time and I'll not get paid if I talk to you...

Use magic tools Report

Relations are fine.
China is no friend or ally of Canada.
We only have trade deals, so less trade, hurts Canada but we will adapt.
Our farmers have already secured buyers for next years crops.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Saul Post time: 2019-9-12 20:05
Relations are fine.
China is no friend or ally of Canada.
We only have trade deals, so less trade, h ...

Yes, I heard about it,

Cold weather, frost and even snow have caused crop production to drop significantly...
Your farmers are as worried as your counterparts across the border ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 3 DayEarlier |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-9-12 12:34
re: "So there must be thousands of HK people of all ages who are abnormal by your definition."

First of all you say this : "such people can't be certified normal any more and need urgent help..."

Now you say that this HK "mother" is being paid for carrying a US flag and that she doesn't want you bothering her. These actions are quite serious and well thought out behaviours which don't exhibit any signs of mental abnormality. In your case, what did you do to offer her "urgent help" ?

Use magic tools Report

emanreus Post time: 2019-9-12 21:33
Yes, I heard about it,

Cold weather, frost and even snow have caused crop production to drop  ...

And how are pig farmers doing these days on the mainland ?

Use magic tools Report

emanreus Post time: 2019-9-12 08:33
Yes, I heard about it,

Cold weather, frost and even snow have caused crop production to drop  ...

Well the weather has nothing to do with Canada/China relations.

But with a country the size of Canada, we always have a part of the country that doesn't want to cooperate with the farmers.

Farming is not an easy life, good and even great years can be followed by years of poor crops and or  drought.

But Canada has a tiny population so we can feed ourselves with plenty left over.

Jump to search

Part of a series on the

Economy of Canada

Economic history of Canada

Banking history ·
Petroleum history ·
Energy policy of Canada ·
Canadian dollar

Sectors

Primary sector:  (Agriculture ·
Energy  (Petroleum ·
Electricity)
·
Fishing ·
Forestry)
Secondary sector:  (Automotives ·
Aerospace)
Tertiary sector:  (Social programs ·
Transportation ·
Tourism)
Finance:  (Central Bank ·
Banking in Canada ·
Stock exchanges)
Companies:  (Companies listed on the TSX)

Economy by province

Alberta ·
Ontario ·
Quebec ·
Saskatchewan ·
more...

Economy by city

Montreal ·
Toronto ·
Vancouver ·
more...

v ·
t ·
e

Canada is one of the largest agricultural producers and exporters in the world. As with other developed nations, the proportion of the population and GDP devoted to agriculture fell dramatically over the 20th century but it remains an important element of the Canadian economy. A wide range of agriculture is practised in Canada, from sprawling wheat fields of the prairies to summer produce of the Okanagan valley.

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2 DayEarlier 16:46 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2019-9-13 05:29
First of all you say this : "such people can't be certified normal any more and need urgent help.. ...

It's perfectly a case of mental abnormality going against one's own country for cash from a malign force.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.