Author: ceciliazhang

Will Costco succeed in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-9-1 10:54:39 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2019-8-31 17:46
METRO left China?

https://www.metro.cn/en

So I heard, perhaps I got it wrong!  Thanks for the correction.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-9-1 22:12:50 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2019-8-31 17:37
Costco is a case in point that shows China is still an attractive place for foreign investment. It ...
It is a slap in the face for Trump who wants all American companies to quit the Chinese market.

Not really. Trump wants American factories to quit the Chinese market, not stores or big box retailers.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-9-2 09:36:16 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-9-1 22:12
Not really. Trump wants American factories to quit the Chinese market, not stores or big box ret ...

As a matter of act, the factories are the least willing to exit, on account of the vast Chinese market and extraordinary cost competitiveness the US manufacturers could take advantage of ...
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-9-2 11:05:35 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-9-1 22:12
Not really. Trump wants American factories to quit the Chinese market, not stores or big box ret ...

Trump didn't make that differentiation, he demanded that all American companies leave China!  He even threatened to invoke the 1997 law that permits him force American companies out of China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-9-2 22:36:20 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-9-2 11:05
Trump didn't make that differentiation, he demanded that all American companies leave China!  He e ...

You mean the IEEPA of 1977, not 1997.

The Economic Powers Act allows the president of the United States to regulate commerce during a national emergency. It does not allow a president to order companies to close their factories in foreign countries, however. And as there has not yet been a national emergency declared with respect to Chinese trade, Trump’s present abilities to govern economic interactions with China are limited to measures like tariffs.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-9-3 07:35:34 |Display all floors
Costco is a big favourite here in Canada. Probably will be popular in China for a long time.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-9-3 11:37:50 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-9-2 22:36
You mean the IEEPA of 1977, not 1997.

The Economic Powers Act allows the president of the United  ...

"You mean the IEEPA of 1977, not 1997."

Sorry, typo! Yes, 1977 IEEPA

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.