Author: CeciliaQ

Is cash on the way out in China? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-8-12 14:20
Cashless payment may be convenient to those users but it has caused much delays at chekouts, holding ...

Gee, my observation is that paying with a mobile phone is the fastest of all payment modes, as for the fact you experience holdups frequently at the checkout counter, one can't but think you might have often been the reason for the long queues...
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 5 DayEarlier |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2019-8-12 15:14
Gee, my observation is that paying with a mobile phone is the fastest of all payment modes, as for ...

I was at the back of the Q, how could I be the reason, the guys in front couldn't get their payments thro bcos of some glitch!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

i am sure china will  have done their homework, but if  what terrorists invades sweden? having a fully digital system would be vulnerable to some terrorist turning off the payment system? there is no defence....
its a big risk
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

parcher Post time: 2019-8-13 12:02
i am sure china will  have done their homework, but if  what terrorists invades sweden? having a ful ...

It isn't,

Sweden got some 10 million folks, no problem what so ever to return to the Krona in paper version with a density of 22 inhabitants per square kilometre...

Take Shenzhen, a city next to H.K. as an example:  
Urban population:  12,155,181.
City population 10,358,381 with a Densiti of 6,100/km2

Use magic tools Report

i am sure china will  have done their homework, but if  what terrorists invades sweden? having a ful ...

I am sure you didn't do your homework before piping up, old man.

Even before mobile payment came along, if one country's electronic payment system was paralyzed one way or another, its economy would have come to a standstill, and that's why the US has built backup electronic systems hidden in multiple subterranean facilities around the country at least before the year of 2001.  

Anybody in the know would be left in stitches by your remark that sounds to have been made by a troglodyte...

Use magic tools Report

Eletctronic systems are always vulnerable, stick to good old cash, you can never be wrong!

Use magic tools Report

pnp Post time: 2019-8-13 15:08
Eletctronic systems are always vulnerable, stick to good old cash, you can never be wrong!

A famed writer in Brazil wrote a story in the early 1980s that envisioned people's life in the future, and could be categorized as sci-fi at the time.

The story was meant to be a piece of satire on human's prospective over-reliance on computers that just emerged as a powerful tool for processing a myriad of tasks. The plot of it was that an airport just descended into chaos when its computer system broke down: no tickets could be sold, boarding processes were disrupted completely, passengers got stranded as a result ... pretty hilarious as that situation was viewed utterly outlandish at the time. But you see, exactly the same scenario would come to pass if a modern-day airport is suddenly deprived of its computer network.

Nowadays, not a single air tickets would be sold without passing through the computer system, and it's dollars to doughnuts the same would go with mobile payment.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.