Author: ceciliazhang

Documentary on China's poverty-alleviation work airs in the U.S. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-8-8 11:53:58 |Display all floors
SEARU Post time: 2019-8-3 10:33
This is a touching story that is enough to move all citizens  in the world to tears for the outstand ...

You should set a good example, go to the rural, impoverished places to teach!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-8-8 17:27:38 |Display all floors
GVTCC Post time: 2019-8-3 23:08
Mainstream media is not TV any more. We (I and friends) haven't watched TV for 4 or 5 years. So why  ...

If you and your friends haven't watched this program then you are obviously in no position to comment upon it. Following your logic, if any country televised a program highly critical, for example, of China then you would say that it is irrelevant to you because it is not part of the mainstream media that you watch. Also, don't many millions of Chinese people watch mainstream CCTV channels to get their news and other programs ?

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-8-8 21:53:25 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2019-8-8 11:42
Tried to look this up on my local PBS station.
Can't find it
Does anyone know airing date?

i dont think many people have ignored chinas success in reducing poverty. Perhaps a bit jealous, but there has been plenty ofcoverage in western countries
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-8-9 14:06:11 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2019-8-8 21:53
i dont think many people have ignored chinas success in reducing poverty. Perhaps a bit jealous, b ...

Lesson for Trump to do the same for millions of impoverished Americans whose situation is made worse by his tariffs on Chinese goods!

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2019-8-10 05:52:30 |Display all floors
This post was edited by UYA at 2019-8-10 05:54
parcher Post time: 2019-8-8 21:53
i dont think many people have ignored chinas success in reducing poverty. Perhaps a bit jealous, b ...

Not in America

The other day I sat down with my family for my mothers birthday.
2 brothers are in the financial industry.
They both laugh when I brought up this topic.
It was impossible for them to believe China has a lower poverty rate than the USA.
1) "Who's figures are they using? Answer WTO (ignored)
2) "Can't trust Chinese figures because they are padded". Answer: If China was misrepresenting data, they would claim China "never had people living in poverty". (ignored)

People in America are ingrained in the thought that a communist government can not achieve more than America

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-8-10 13:50:05 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2019-8-10 05:52
Not in America

The other day I sat down with my family for my mothers birthday.

Paul Krugman  and Thomas Friedman would like you to believe that America has more cash-strapped thin cats living off the dole than China.  Oh, don't forget Jeffrey Sachs. He would make the same statement with glee.

The reality is China still has scads of kids living in the boondocks; most girls there  don't even have a chance to receive schooling, duh,  thanks to poverty and  parochialism. And their families earn a pittance and still live in an old age removed from  modern civilization.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-8-10 22:34:41 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-8-9 14:06
Lesson for Trump to do the same for millions of impoverished Americans whose situation is made wor ...

yes you are

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.