Views: 1818|Replies: 7

The urgent task for Chinese senior intellectuals [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-8-2 20:28:28 |Display all floors
"Why is China backward on education? We are poor on both hardware and software!" Said a ninety-year-old rural teacher who is an English expert on the CCTV. He has devoted half of his life on countryside schooling. His words drive me think a lot about the bottom reasons which have troubled our nation terribly for a long time!
I believe that we have lost on expressing method in the culture circle when compared with foreign counterparts!  Our textbooks are not as wonderful as foreign ones due to poor writing style. Chinese dictionary definite each word in a rude way that is not clear and fine. Senior Chinese scholars should have a closed study on English dictionary which can tell a nice story about every new concept for kids! Foreign textbooks go in a logical way that is funny enough to stimulate children‘s interest!
Chinese teachers and students are diligent who harvest little for backward working method! Officials and educators at all levels should focus energy on the new education-software. To offer us fresh teaching materials and encourage teachers and students to do lessons in advanced ways. Such reform may be hard to carry out at beginning since it challenges our traditional thinking on education!

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-8-2 22:05:43 |Display all floors
"Loaded,unclear words herein.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-8-2 22:30:32 |Display all floors
In 1985 or so from the magazine I got a story: An American professor visited China who observed the students‘ performance in class and drew such a horrible conclusion for us:‘The next century of the world will belong to the U. S.!’’ His words had made me feel uncomfortable for long time  since I could not fully understand the facts behind the ‘curtain'!
Now three decades have passed. Has the situation been improved?  Dare you say that our textbooks are as neat as American ones? Do our kids read books in light way as foreign children?
In composition class students are taught to copy others' work or shout slogans whose articles sound flowery but mean nothing! Our children are good at reciting rather than doing independent analysis! The unique right key to one problem in the serious exams makes children work as a slave who are inactive on discussion with others. This tells me something is wrong with the education software.

Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-8-2 22:40:54 |Display all floors
Mishao Post time: 2019-8-2 22:05
"Loaded,unclear words herein.

No! All words come from my own mouth without any copying of others'!
This topic is quite complicated that needs me much trying for perfection!
(Thanks for your blaming since good medicine tastes bitter in Chinese!)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-8-3 07:13:33 |Display all floors
On military affairs, generals work hard day and night to arrange kinds of plan for any possible battles. They try to produce the most advanced weapons for soldiers which tools are similar to the textbooks in the schoolyard. By all means the officers train the troops on how to use the modern weapons in the right way whose job can form a book titled 《The Art of War》of the new era.
In the culture field Searu is also as sensitive as commander although he is a mere ordinary teacher in the countryside. I can not figure out how much energy our nation has wasted on education due to the poor management of the schooling machine! Our science books go like a hard stone while foreign ones taste as sweet as a cake for kids! For senior Chinese scholars, they should exam their past work on translation and editing!
High-level intellectuals should use the most powerful thinking tool to have nice research on chinese traditional culture including the ancient poems. To tell out the spirit of Chinese old philosophy in plain words to foreigners and our own children. If we do the job well, more youth may be able to produce poems which are as wonderful as the ancient ones!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-8-11 14:40:28 |Display all floors
Parents and teachers do education jobs in different ways around the world. We chinese teach kids in low efficiency who need to sharpen the edge of working-knife. This needs a revolutionary change overall on the education system.
It reminds former Premier Wen's  words:“Those good teachers should been elected as headmasters in middle schools and let all schools run by real educators!"
At present the administrative officials in schools act as those in the agriculture field in 1970s who led peasants do farming job like military soldiers with poor harvest! Sooner or later teachers will become the real master of the education business who do teaching in logical way!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-8-12 07:11:50 |Display all floors
Confucius was one great educator whose teaching has deeply influenced Chinese society for so long!  His success shows that a teacher should have his own theory on teaching who can encourage students to do independent thinking by themselves! Sometimes Searu feels sorry for Chinese kids who are asked to recite Confucian poems without one-word-changing! They swallow down the whole text as recorder does without personal analysis. Here I have to say that most of our schooling goes in a stupid way since it is not good for the growth of kids' brain on thinking! Who should be responsible for the ugly phenomena?How to solve the problem and save the situation? Senior educators including those officials in the authority should have reasonable remark on job! Always  self-boasting is poison to the future of our nation!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.