Author: UYA

HK Violence   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-7-23 17:25:44 |Display all floors
HK people did not experience the real deal that mainlanders had back in 60s, so they now look very childish

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2019-7-24 01:59:00 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2019-7-23 13:46
In this clash, the protesters have lost the moral high ground. They disturb social order and peace a ...

The whole issue is the "extradition treaty" between HK and China.
I get it.....
The worry is that China would start demanding HK to hand over their citizens who are critical to the CPC.
The easy fix to this would be "nonpolitical" extradition for such things as violent crimes.
Political "crimes" would be exempt.
DONE!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-24 02:02:32 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-7-23 13:59
By defacing the national emblem at the Liaison Office, the protesters are baiting China to step in,  ...

I would agree with you.
Seems they want China to step in so they can show the world how unjust China is.
Looks to me there is some western political hands all over this.

Stay tuned.....

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-24 02:05:31 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-7-23 17:01
Not only their own City's emblem, but China's National emblem...

As a parent I'd demonstrat ...

Don't get me wrong....
I'm all about protesting something that is wrong or unjust.
In this case....
China did NOTHING!
These protesters made their point and should step back to see what happens.
Many eye's are on this.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-24 02:12:13 |Display all floors
GVTCC Post time: 2019-7-23 17:25
HK people did not experience the real deal that mainlanders had back in 60s, so they now look very c ...

Back in the day when HK was handed over to China, they needed some kind of peaceful assurance that the "status quo" be maintained.
HK provided a sizable financial interest to the national GDP.
Now that China has grown out of its financial infancy, HK is not as important as before.
They are acting like a spoiled child encouraged by western powers.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-24 15:25:03 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2019-7-24 02:12
Back in the day when HK was handed over to China, they needed some kind of peaceful assurance that ...

There are pictures showing westerner agents out and about teaching young mobsters tactics for stirring up punch-ups with the police, which are proof positive of the west's involvement in the chaos...
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-24 17:52:14 |Display all floors
One thing that should arouse our attention  is that not every HK local is Chinese in blood, most of whom are decendents of other countries like the UK, Viet Nam, the Philippines, so do not expect them to have close and friendly relationship toward mainlanders.

HK is losing its strategic importance, that is true, because what it played can be easily substituted by other cities like Shanghai, Shenzhen or Guangzhou. Even Guizhou, a poor province in China but with advanced IT investments, can take the place of HK in 5G age.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.