Author: ceciliazhang

Chengdu police detain foreign man who beat taxi driver badly [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-7-19 14:47:21 |Display all floors
MichaelM Post time: 2019-7-18 16:07
"The case in Chengdu came amid discussions about whether foreigners get too many privileges in China ...

"It's the unspoken 'foreigner tax' (because 'you're so rich'). If someone cheats you in the market place, pay it and just don't go back there ever again. You'll be better off than thinking that you'll be treated fairly and justly. You won't. Don't be naive."

You have painted a rather dismal picture of foreigners being cheated in China.  I am a foreigner in China too but I  have never faced such situations in my many years here! That is the other side of the coin.  Don't blame the cheats, they are everywhere, not just in China;  blame yourself for being so naive!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-19 14:48:05 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2019-7-18 18:07
To my knowledge, a Nordic company's headquarters in Shanghai once had a large legion of Europeans  ...

I'm in China now for 12 years 50 weeks a year, and I never had any problems with the police or locals and I've visited many cities. Maybe Michael was only pissed-off with something yesterday and took his frustrations out to post these unbelievable happenings.
Human lives mean nothing when the western warmongers see a bigger gain through war

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-19 14:52:24 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2019-7-18 18:07
To my knowledge, a Nordic company's headquarters in Shanghai once had a large legion of Europeans  ...

"And every single one of them would scramble to get their contracts renewed towards the end of their stint in China, and try to remain in China for at least 2 more years. "

That applies to foreign teachers too!  They love it so much to be in China, they scramble to have their contracts renewed long before expiry!!  You see, they enjoy more privileges in China than they could ever expect back home!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-19 14:55:57 |Display all floors
1626548377 Post time: 2019-7-19 14:48
I'm in China now for 12 years 50 weeks a year, and I never had any problems with the police or loc ...

"Maybe Michael was only pissed-off with something yesterday and took his frustrations out to post these unbelievable happenings."

Very probable!!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-7-19 15:16:02 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-7-19 14:19
Not very smart to carry knives!  They would end up with more serious injuries and even deaths.

A foreigner got stabbed to death in CQ a few yrs ago after an argument broke out with a cabbie....
This serb was lucky he didnt come up against a different driver that day. He will have a bill of around 50k to pay then deported probably
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-19 17:23:11 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2019-7-19 15:16
A foreigner got stabbed to death in CQ a few yrs ago after an argument broke out with a cabbie.... ...

Sounds some foreigners are prone to disputes with cabbies in China, one of the possible reasons is that they always unconsciously think they are at the receiving end of a trick, as a result of their inveterate stereotyping practice, so they can't help questioning the cabbies about the fare, and annoying the drivers, as if every taxi ride they take would end up with them being overcharged. Sometimes, things turn ugly with either the passengers or drivers being physically injured ...

But anyway, violence on whoever's part, be it the cabbies or foreign passengers, would be subjected to punishment.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-20 12:02:31 |Display all floors
It is only a very small case of once in a blue moon in the friendly exchange of China and the world, so it should not be given too much attention and interpretation.

Everyone should carry a sun in his mind, don't look at others with tinted glasses.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.