Views: 8548|Replies: 9

Air conditioner is not as wonderful as you expected [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-7-7 08:05:58 |Display all floors
Mr. Li is a worker in our school whose main task is to safeguard the office-building. It took me a long time to persuade him not to use air-conditioner too much specially when he is sleeping! I believe that the modern electric device maybe the bottom reason why he got the illness of facial distortion! In hot Summer the air conditioner directly blows ‘cool’ gas to the bed even in night! The coldness from the machine had got into the inside of his body when he was in wonder dream that made the nerve system work in disorder! The mouth-and-eye swifted to one side that disease cost him much money for treatment. He complained: "I felt I was dying when I got recovery from the illness since all parts of the body were quite painful with no strength!"
Dear reader friends:About this topic, I had posted one thread titled ‘How to improve indoor air quality’ in which I meantioned the side-effect of air-conditioner. In hot weather I dare not run the cooling machine. Just let everything go in natural way. Sweating is one of functions of the body which is workable for you to cool down!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-7-12 21:18:16 |Display all floors
Searu,

I'm sorry to say this but your idea has no basis in reality. If It was an accurate concept then there would be tens to hundreds of millions of people suffering the same fate as Mr Liu. I'm not a medical doctor but what he suffered from sounds very much like either an infection or nerve problem etc. It is not going to be related to air-conditioning.

Air-conditioning has been in use for over 100 years and any issues such as you describe would have led to massive changes to how the systems operate.  Hence, I can say with confidence that your idea is incorrect.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-13 11:01:17 |Display all floors
You have not been to Hong Kong and Singapore, I guess.
BAck in 1990s, all shops and malls and office buildings turned on AC in hot weather at 16 degrees, even the corridor connecting two neighboring buildings had such coolness, so people there do not have the dark skin you will see in other similar areas and they wear thick clothes wehn the outside temp is 30+ degrees.
European and Japanese people drink iced drinks in winter , normal as sun sets in west, but Chinese must drink hot tea and hot wine and thick cotton clothes.
The problem here is you do not use to this habit.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-13 11:04:13 |Display all floors
kids in Japan do not wear long pants at all, teen girls wear short skirts in winter, you can check this out by watching TV or traveling there by your self.
The guard in your writing is too weak in body, he may have done something dirty at night but did not tell you so, haha!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-13 23:04:49 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2019-7-12 21:18
Searu,

I'm sorry to say this but your idea has no basis in reality. If It was an accurate concept t ...

Thanks for your comment which has driven me think a lot!
In China we call this kind of similar diseases as ‘中风’which means ‘Being hit by wind’! In other words, ‘Tom has been beaten down by chilly wind.’In serious case the patient can not move arm and leg even lost the speaking ability!
According to traditional Chinese medicinal theory, humans should live in normal condition. Or we might become ill at anytime if we break the routine living habit!
For an example, that lad Smith in our village jumped into the deep pond for cooling down his sweating body from heavy labor farming work. This jumping became a nightare for him and family: He got a strange illness that cost him a sum of money for treatment. At last he  became half a fool up to now with little words.
In the medicinal circle doctors often talk about air-condition-disease which means that many people become ill from usage of the modern cooling machine!
In the freezing factory your bone-joint may easily get into trouble due to instant temperature changing when you enter or come out of the special workshop!
In hot summer the surface of the road is so hot which temperature reaches 80 centigrade degrees. How do you feel when you step onto the black ground from the car with cooling system? Can you stand up the challenge of the steep temperature change?
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-14 18:22:13 |Display all floors
GVTCC Post time: 2019-7-13 11:01
You have not been to Hong Kong and Singapore, I guess.
BAck in 1990s, all shops and malls and office ...

I live in North China where many department stores offer you free cool air with a huge fridge system in summer! Here I must point out that we should clearly see the side effect of the modern technology on temperature-controling. If in SARS period all machines may have been shut down for hygiene reason! Since
there are countless  bacteria inside the instrument which may hurt your health in ‘gentle’ way!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-7-14 18:32:55 |Display all floors
GVTCC Post time: 2019-7-13 11:04
kids in Japan do not wear long pants at all, teen girls wear short skirts in winter, you can check t ...

Since last year, his wife gave up farming work and has taken an odd job in the school canteen. So they live under on one roof all time. Maybe such living style is not good for health. The sweating man might have been hurt after 'great time' with wife by the cold air from overhead specially in sleeping hours!
(Your imagination goes in detailed way like policeman who investigates a criminal case! )
Laughing!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.