Views: 5822|Replies: 14

Youth icon apologizes for smoking indoors [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-5-22 15:19:26 |Display all floors
Wang Yuan, a popular youth icon, expressed regret and determination to behave himself on his social media account after getting a warning from health authorities for smoking indoors on Tuesday.

Wang Yuan attends the 69th Berlin International Film Festival in Berlin, Germany, on Feb. 14, 2019. [Photo: IC]

Photos revealed Wang, 18, was smoking at a Beijing restaurant on Monday night. It is forbidden to smoke indoors according to municipal regulations on tobacco control.

Wang carries wide influence as a youth icon, and his violation of regulations has triggered heated discussion online.

The star apologized for the potential negative influence from his misbehavior via his official Weibo account on Tuesday, promising better behavior in the future.

The Beijing Center of Health Supervision warned punishment would follow if they can confirm these violations, adding the matter has been under investigation in a post released on its official Sina Weibo account on Tuesday.

Based on these regulations, individuals who smoke indoors are fined 50 yuan ($7.20), which rises to 200 yuan if the culprits refuse to correct their violations. In 2016, another famous actor, Wen Zhang, was fined 50 yuan for smoking inside a restaurant.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-5-23 07:31:18 |Display all floors
Many youths believe they can smoke now, and quit later......
my collegue told me he must quit when he gets older now he has a child...
i told him you wont be able to when you get older, because the addiction will have gotten hold of you........do it now.....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-23 11:01:05 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2019-5-23 07:31
Many youths believe they can smoke now, and quit later......
my collegue told me he must quit when h ...

You should tell it to the millions of addicted smokers in China, an dmany are irresponsible ones, smoking indoor!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2019-5-23 11:32:32 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-5-23 11:01
You should tell it to the millions of addicted smokers in China, an dmany are irresponsible ones,  ...

On the stairs in the hospital i have seen it....
they think because they are out of sight, its ok...
as soon as they exit the subway, and use the escalator they light up polluting everyone behind. Every taxi stinks of smoke.........yes many selfish smokers
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-23 11:38:24 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2019-5-23 11:32
they think because they are out of sight, its ok. ...

I have observed the same in other places in China from where you are!  Yes, the staircase, mall toilet cubicles, just the right refuges for smokers, out of sight.  Whenever I caught them smoking outside the cublicles, I warned them to stub it out and they always complied, but throwing butts into the urinal or the wash basin choking them up, is just as bad, lesser of two evils, no foul cigarette smell, but a choked up urinal, overflowing with urine!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-23 11:55:27 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2019-5-23 11:32
they think because they are out of sight, its ok. ...

"as soon as they exit the subway, and use the escalator they light up polluting everyone behind."

I have been at the receiving end of these irresponsible smokers too!  But unlike the locals on the same escalator, I always shouted out at them to stub it out, and they did, throwing the lighted butst right out of the escalator, which is  just as bad, not only littering, but could even start a fire if it landed on combustible materials like carpets!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-23 16:17:07 |Display all floors
Good ads for the restaurant...
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.