Author: ceciliazhang

Mother says she thought $6.5m was a donation to Stanford [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-5-6 13:05:17 |Display all floors
I am sure our leaders didn't just invite him to talk about weather.

There must have been urgent matters they wanted to discuss with him about in order to stamp out official corruption in this area.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-6 13:07:38 |Display all floors
Like using illegitimate means to get into his school etc. and a possible list of such corrupt cases.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-6 13:09:43 |Display all floors
When you use a false name to go to such a school your transcripts would have to be "re-invented."

Nobody should be a fan of doing that.

I am sure our leaders want to stamp out such corruption at least in an official capacity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-6 13:56:38 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2019-5-6 16:49

That's probably one of the reasons the Harvard president was invited to visit Beijing last month.

I am sure our leaders didn't just invite him over to talk about the weather or cultural exchange only.

There must have been urgent matters they wanted to discuss with him about in order to stamp out official corruption in this area.

Like officials using illegitimate means to get their children into his school etc. and a possible list of such corrupt cases.  

When you use a false name to go to such a school your transcripts would have to be "re-invented" or "doctored" at the level of the home country.

Nobody should be a fan of doing that.

I am sure our leaders sincerely want to stamp out such corruption at least in an official capacity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-6 14:13:02 |Display all floors
And the Harvard man was in Beijing right at the time after the first scandal broke out.  You can check on the dates.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-6 18:11:02 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-5-6 14:13
And the Harvard man was in Beijing right at the time after the first scandal broke out.  You can che ...

re:  And the Harvard man was in Beijing right at the time after the first scandal broke out.

It's called 'damage' control

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-5-6 18:23:48 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-5-6 18:11
re:  And the Harvard man was in Beijing right at the time after the first scandal broke out.

It ...

So you knew the purpose of the visit too.

The timing was so obvious.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.