Post time 2019-4-10 14:51:12 |Display all floors
75ab2b61gy1g1phgvebtdj20c806rq3j.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-10 14:51:36 |Display all floors
75ab2b61gy1g1phgvdibyj20c8084aar.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-10 21:15:04 |Display all floors
The following was  my early blog:

My Memory About The Year of 1978        ( post time:2014-6-21 19:15 )

-------comment on << Share China's Economy in 1978 - what do you know? >> by Mr.ColinSpeakman

More than one third of a century has passed, the ‘modern' village has changed a lot, the middle-aged man is wandering around his home-site, indeed, he has deep feeling about the past four decades, and some memories come out that maybe sweet or bitter, .....
Housing---------in the year of 1978, the houses were mainly built of earth and some bricks, each of them was about fifty square meters in size, the wooden door and windows had no glass on. ( paper acted as glass!)

Furniture--------- some rich homes had a sewing-machine and a bicycle, a clock hanged on the wall, very few farmers had a watch on the wrist. The family took a new bike as treasure that cost about two hundred Chinese dollars, the steel pipes of the bike were wrapped in red cloth, its master usually saved it in his living room and cleaned it with a piece of oily cloth now and then!

Food--------the farmland was owned by the public commune, the peasants acted as soldiers to work in groups, the harvest of the crops was not enough for their needs. They fed on corn, sweet-potatoes and little wheet.

Clothing---------most of their clothes were self-made, I KNOW the thick mother-made cotton-jacket was very comfortable; that was fashionable to be dressed up in the chemical-clothes that waved in the spring wind!

Transportation---------the village had three beasts-driven wooden carts, three horses were pulling the biggest cart;with the driver holding a long whip with which he could made a loud voice like cracker-explosion in the air, the cup-size copper-bells around the horses’ neck offered you sweet music that could always pleasure you for a long time;

Tractor--------- the tractor looked like a military tank that had two belts as feet, it could plough two hundred mu of farmland per day, the work was so great that farmers call it iron cattle!

A frog-car --------our school was beside the road, once a time, a white car was passing by and many children run out of the gate to see the wonderful thing that had only been seen in movie, we were so excited that some of us shouted: “frog-car!----- Frog-car!”

No electricity-----------there were eight hundreds people in our village, three oil engines were used to water all the farmland that is about 1200 mu. (1mu=666 square meters).

At night, people used kerosene lamp for lighting, once my cap was burnt by its flame and got a tiny hole when I did homework under such a lamp!

After supper, it was a pleasure to listen to radio or have a chat with neighbor friends in the street.

Pig and pork-------- in Spring, every family bought a young pig to raise, feeding it with weeds; as it grew bigger, we fed it sweet potatoes! (---- In Autumn, a lot of potatoes were harvested and some of the grain had to be consumed in this way since they could not be stored for a long time!); however,the pork was only one and half Chinese dollar per kilogram!(now,the pork price has increased twenty times since then!;while the wheet price has gone up only three times!)

Environment---------one of the wells was beside the pond and sometime they had the same water level; you put some animal bones in a basket tied with a rope and threw it into the pond,after a while, you would get some wonderful water creatures!you could also get weeds from river for your goat and pig. My neighbor village used river water for cooking and drinking!

The cheap house builders------ you wanted to build new house, fellow villagers would come up to help you, use soft earth to set up the hard walls, you needed not pay for their work, what you did was to feed them good food at dinners! To build a three-room-house only cost you about two thousand Chinese dollars that also includes the building materials!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-11 13:18:32 |Display all floors
China has changed a lot in the last 40 years.
Walter Chang from Shenyang

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-11 13:39:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-13 10:16:02 |Display all floors
zhihu01 Post time: 2019-4-11 13:39
It is just some courtesy reminding to you - "Please do not exaggerate or over-emphasize your own th ...

Thanks for your blaming although which sounds unreasonable to the fact: my short note really pairs the author‘s photos all of them can tell China-story to the world!

(The ‘old’ pictures above were so amazing that drove me to make some comment. Such excitement let me think of that old blog. I thought it would become a nice notification to the topic of other's  post!)
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-13 10:27:12 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.