Author: ceciliazhang

US should self-reflect before questioning China's religious freedom [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-4-17 11:08:33 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2019-4-16 06:56
So you are saying that Chinese people are to attend these places of worship but the monks there ar ...

I didn't say that; you have made  a mischieveous remark! I meant going round spreading religious beliefs, converting people, is forbidden; they are free to conduct sermons in authorised places of worship!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-18 08:17:24 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-4-16 11:01
"The important fact is that I recognize your RIGHT to follow whichever religion you desire. THAT is ...

But China doesn't recognise bishops appointed by the Pope in Rome. Isn't the Catholic Church a "major religion" ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-4-18 08:19:56 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-4-17 11:08
I didn't say that; you have made  a mischieveous remark! I meant going round spreading religious b ...

So Chinese people are not free to worship where ever they wish. How does that equate to "religious freedom" ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.