Author: ceciliazhang

Would US drop Huawei CFO extradition? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-3-6 09:17:20 |Display all floors
Good chance US will drop Meng's charges as part of trade compromise.
My problem is simple: I just know better than everyone-else!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-6 21:10:50 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2019-3-5 20:17
Good chance US will drop Meng's charges as part of trade compromise.

Or she may be released because the US doesn't have a case against her.

Court today(Wed)
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-6 21:28:46 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2019-3-6 21:10
Or she may be released because the US doesn't have a case against her.

Court today(Wed)

Hmm,
isn't that the conclusion Huawei said from the very beginning...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-6 21:41:43 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-3-6 08:28
Hmm,
isn't that the conclusion Huawei said from the very beginning...

Her court appointment is later today, I believe it is only to set a date for her trial.

U.S. wants Huawei and its CFO to face charges of fraud, conspiracy, obstruction

Last week, Meng filed a lawsuit against members of the Canadian Border Services Agency, the RCMP and federal government, accusing officers of violating her rights by detaining and questioning her for three hours before notifying her of her arrest.

The B.C. Supreme Court proceeding is expected to be fairly short, centred around the timing for an extradition hearing to determine whether Meng should be sent to the U.S. to face allegations she conspired to violate sanctions against Iran.

Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-6 21:42:18 |Display all floors
Good luck to her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-7 11:53:57 |Display all floors
Her next court date is in May. Both sides (defense and prosecution) requested documentation from the CBSA and the RCMP, but they missed the deadlines to send those documents, so a court order for the documentation has to be submitted. Legal experts figure it could take as many as 5-8 years before the courts can decide if she is eligible to be extradited.

I predict this case will be done and over with, one way or another, long before that.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-7 13:19:49 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-3-7 11:53
Her next court date is in May. Both sides (defense and prosecution) requested documentation from the ...

re: I predict this case will be done and over with, one way or another, long before that.

I certainly do share your prediction

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.