Views: 15356|Replies: 3

China tests new generation of faster, bigger maglev [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-1-28 16:00:11 |Display all floors
(Xinhua) China's major train maker on Saturday tested a new generation of maglev train with a designed speed of 160 km per hour, about 60 percent faster than the current model, in Changsha, capital of central China's Hunan Province.

A maglev train runs on China's first medium-low speed maglev railway in May 2016 in Changsha. [File Photo: IC]

The new model has a 30-percent increase in traction efficiency and can carry six more tonnes in weight compared with the previous generation, according to Tong Laisheng, head of the maglev research institute of the CRRC Zhuzhou Locomotive Co., Ltd., the developer.

It can carry up to 500 passengers with three carriages, Tong said.

China's first medium-low-speed maglev rail line was put into commercial operation in May 2016 in Changsha.

The new model is expected to lay a technical foundation for introducing medium-speed maglev train systems in the future, Tong said. CRRC Zhuzhou Locomotive is also developing a more advanced maglev model with a top speed of 200 km per hour.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-28 18:48:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Kbay at 2019-1-28 21:34

Frictionless maglev trains are the future of China's mass people transportation.
As more and more maglev lines are put into operational use, the demand on the country's magnetic material resource will increase at an exponential rate. We should therefore start planning for the export restriction of our scarce magnetic rare earth.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-28 21:12:02 |Display all floors
My major was physics in the college. Once our headteacher led us to visit the Shandong University where  I saw such a scene in a lab: That master-professor put a coin-like metal into a glass half full of liquid nitrogen with steam rising up! Then he explained: The metal will become superconductor in such a low temperature. In future the technology will widely be used in every field for practice!

Now for your laughing please let me say:
It takes us three decades to grow the coin into a train-wheel!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-29 16:57:22 |Display all floors
I remember years before a plan for a Maglev line between Shanghai and Hangzhou was shelved on account of possible magnetic pollution.

Maybe they have figured out how to curb that now.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.