Author: knox1234

Opinion: Why China's movies fail to gain traction in the US market   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
  It's no fun reasoning with such pseuds here.  I I wish I could meet my old friends . Anyway,  time  for me to hunker down again. You guys have fun here. Hooooo.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 6 DayEarlier |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-1-11 08:08
Chinese is not a race. Chinese is a language, and a nationality. There are only four "races": Mong ...

"There are only four "races": Mongoloid, Caucasoid, Negroid, and Australoid."

Yeah, now you have descended into word-play!!  What's next?  One can change his nationality but not his ancestry! Period!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 5 DayEarlier |Display all floors
tatata69 Post time: 2019-1-11 23:26
Like it or lump it, most Chinese citizens wouldn't want to go to the flicks to watch Chinese movies ...

Don't forget the "deep feelings of empathy, and recognition of the plight of oppression" with the characters in the movie "Avatar". The only time a whole country identified with fictional characters. SMH
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 4 DayEarlier |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-12 11:44
"There are only four "races": Mongoloid, Caucasoid, Negroid, and Australoid."

Yeah, now you have  ...

Nope. Not playing with words at all. Maybe you should do a little Anthropology reading. Chinese is not a race. it is an ethnic group belonging to the Mongoloid race. The Mongoloid race includes the far Orient, Northeastern India, certain American countries where Native American people can still be found, etc. The Mongoloid race can be classified into - the Neo-Mongoloids, which include ethnic groups like Eskimos, Buryats, Chinese, and Chukchis. These groups have physical features that are extremely Mongoloid in appearance and are typically found in Mongoloid populations that have adapted to living in extremely low temperatures and cold climatic conditions. The second category is the Paleo-Mongoloids, which include ethnic groups such as Polynesians, Filipinos, Burmese, certain Native American people, Jōmons, etc. The physical features of these ethnic and genetic groups are less Mongoloid in appearance and such features are usually found in Mongolian populations whose lifestyles are adapted for living in warm to temperate climatic conditions over several generations.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.

Use magic tools Report

cmknight Post time: 2019-1-14 07:44
Nope. Not playing with words at all. Maybe you should do a little Anthropology reading. Chinese is ...

This is a layman's forum, don't try to confuse readers with your anthropological definition of race; it is commonly accepted that Chinese is a race, so is Indian, Japanese etc!!

Use magic tools Report

pnp Post time: 2019-1-14 12:31
This is a layman's forum, don't try to confuse readers with your anthropological definition of rac ...

U.S. Court Rules Jews Are Protected 'Race' Under Civil Rights Act of 1964...

The nation’s highest court hasn’t defined what “race” means...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 3 DayEarlier |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-14 12:31
This is a layman's forum, don't try to confuse readers with your anthropological definition of rac ...

Just because something is "commonly accepted", doesn't make it a truth.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.