Author: knox1234

Opinion: Why China's movies fail to gain traction in the US market   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 7 DayEarlier |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-1-10 17:53
cmknight....writing in the Chinese forum called CD, day in and day out.

...and so according to yo ...
Bruce is 100% Chinese.

Why? Because he "looks" Chinese? He was born in the United States, so that makes him an American citizen, end of story. This age old excuse of "You are Chinese because your ancestors were Chinese" is wearing extremely thin.

and you did call people like him "rubbish."

Here we go again ... don't you ever get tired of misquoting? I said, "Why do China's movies fail to gain traction in the US market?

Because, for the most part, they are nothing but rubbish. The only good Chinese movie that was liked, was "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". The rest I wouldn't take my neighbour's dog to see, and she's blind and deaf." "

Remember that now? It's post #9, on page two of the thread, in case you don't.

I studied Bruce Lee's jeet kun do strokes as a teenager -- enough to put a glowing mantis like you into deep coma.

And once more you utter threats. That's three now. I figure that's enough for a ban-hammer.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

pnp Post time: 2019-1-10 11:30
Another twist from the Great Twister; the discussion here IS about movies made by Chinese,  and Br ...

Chinese is not a race. Chinese is a language, and a nationality. There are only four "races": Mongoloid, Caucasoid, Negroid, and Australoid.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

emanreus Post time: 2019-1-10 14:50
That's their job, twist all the way...

“Wolf Warrior 2,” which made a massive $874 million i ...

That's getting Hollywood very worried about the new boy on the block challenging their status.

Use magic tools Report

pnp Post time: 2019-1-11 11:57
That's getting Hollywood very worried about the new boy on the block challenging their status.

Indeed, being the top dog since WW2 is rather tough to digest, but as the Trade war illustrated rather clearly, ONE need to go with time.  The good old days will always end at some point...

Their Great Wall project at the Southern border with Mexico (which used to belong to Mexico) is another poor example of a government imploding.
800K government paid folks are running out of money, we don't want even want to to talk about all them Contractors and sub contractors them lads used to govern...

Use magic tools Report

Why? Because he "looks" Chinese? He was born in the United States, so that makes him an American citizen, end of story. This age old excuse of "You are Chinese because your ancestors were Chinese" is wearing extremely thin.

You are wrong again.

No one in the world except you think of Bruce Lee as "an American."  

We are talking about public image here and not the color of your passport.

Meng might have more than one passport but do you hear anyone say she is not Chinese?

Similarly, anyone born in the States even today, and carried back to China by his/her parents -- is not regarded as an American citizen by Chinese immigration authorities, and a stamp reserved for foreigners would not be placed on the newborn's passport.

The child would have to await until he/she is 18 to decide whether he/she wants to be a Chinese or U.S. citizen.

A person's self-identity determines his public image.

From Day One no one had ever thought of Bruce Lee as anyone other than a full-blooded Chinese, or else he wouldn't have received the accolade and recognition that he eventually did -- because he struggled against discrimination in Hollywood, landing only lesser roles like that sidekick in "Green Hornet" to white actors.

To call Bruce Lee an "American" is much like calling a Red Indian an "American" -- the self-identity is simply not there.  

Mind you that Native Americans are the only true Americans, the whites are nothing more than thieves and usurpers of the title "Americans."  Funny thing is that the Native Americans weren't given U.S. citizenship until 1934 -- which meant the usurpers gave the original owners a piece of paper calling them the guests of their own country.

Here we go again ... don't you ever get tired of misquoting? I said, "Why do China's movies fail to gain traction in the US market?

Discussions like these are often led astray by brutish beasts like you, who like to call others "rubbish" but regard themselves "gems" which in fact are exactly the opposite.

Because, for the most part, they are nothing but rubbish. The only good Chinese movie that was liked, was "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon". The rest I wouldn't take my neighbour's dog to see, and she's blind and deaf." "

No one cares what a piece of trailer-park trash like you thinks of Bruce Lee or any other performer.  From the point of fairness, the dog's collar rein should have been used to restrain you instead.  Poor dog!

And once more you utter threats. That's three now. I figure that's enough for a ban-hammer.

A piece of white trash like you calling others "rubbish" doesn't deserve two hoots from any reasonable, objective observer.  

You think of yourself as somebody here, but your own words betray your real identity and tell a different story -- you are indeed the sorriest piece of trailer-park trash this side of Downtown AnyCity.

Use magic tools Report

Bruce Lee , who was born in America, didn't even take the trouble to learn Chinese when he was still alive.  

Use magic tools Report

This post was edited by tatata69 at 2019-1-11 23:28
cmknight Post time: 2019-1-11 08:06
Why? Because he "looks" Chinese? He was born in the United States, so that makes him an American ...

Some Chinese conservatives would tell you that China also stakes claim of the ownership of whole East Asia. That's why such Chinese Tartuffes  were tickled pink by the report that the United Arab Emirates had made a boo-boo : it reportedly used a   Chinese national flag to represent America..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.