Author: ceciliazhang

Chinese high court orders retrial of Canadian citizen   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2019-1-3 08:10:07 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2019-1-2 12:37
"Meng is not being "held". She is free to move around Vancouver, .."

I didn't say anything about "freedom". She is free to move around. The electronic anklet only ensues that she cannot try to leave the country. At least she is not locked in a cell like Kovrig and Spavor, and being to subject to sleep deprivation and ongoing interrogations.
Stupid people are like Glowsticks. You want to snap them in half and shake the crap out of them until they see the light.
I love sarcasm. It's like punching someone in the head ... only with words

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-3 14:28:00 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-1-3 08:10
I didn't say anything about "freedom". She is free to move around. The electronic anklet only ensu ...

Hmm, them lads and their friends couldn't find them CD 20 m excluding the electronic toy to keep track on them plus the Cadillac - driver  and security staff to follow them around. A rather huge outlay for their friends in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-3 15:27:22 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-1-3 08:10
I didn't say anything about "freedom". She is free to move around. The electronic anklet only ensu ...

"The electronic anklet only ensues that she cannot try to leave the country."

So you are hypocritical to say that they are honorable, staying back to fight their case;  she couldn't flee, can she?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-3 15:29:35 |Display all floors
cmknight Post time: 2019-1-3 08:04
Neither of them has permanent residency. Meng gave hers up several years ago, and her husband only ...

She has huge investments and family in Canada!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-3 16:51:55 |Display all floors
No use talking to someone whose brain is ossified.

"Meng has nothing to do with this trial," the knight says.

That's like saying Trump has nothing to do with the Sino-U.S. trade war.

Of course Meng has everything to do with the trial, or else why all of a sudden two Canadians are brought to international attention in a negative way?  

The last time I've heard about Canadians in China were the positive deeds of Norman Bethune.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-3 18:53:13 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2019-1-3 16:51
No use talking to someone whose brain is ossified.

"Meng has nothing to do with this trial," the kn ...

So right you are...
   Bai Qiu'en, 白求恩 gave his life for China and still is widely admired in China...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-1-4 12:53:17 |Display all floors
emanreus Post time: 2019-1-3 14:28
Hmm, them lads and their friends couldn't find them CD 20 m excluding the electronic toy to keep t ...

He is just playing with the word, 'freedom';  very sad, his idea of freedom is to move around with electronic anglet and watched by guards!!  Poor bloke tries to fool readers again, as usual!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.