Author: zaq

Tibet through the lens [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-12-25 16:19:09 |Display all floors
I remembered that, in April 2015, by the train, I arrived Lasa stationTibet.
It's really a shock to my eyes when I got out the station, the nearby yellow coler soil montains, the forance white snow mountaints, the deep blue sky and white and lazy clouds like candy flosses.
Although I got the altitude reaction, but I still remain almost 1 month at Tibet.
The place fullfilled with pure belief, simple and honest folkway
Sorry for lack of pictures

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-21 02:38:52 |Display all floors
Tibet was closed for most of February and March in 2017 for the politically sensitive time of Tibetan New Year. And it will be closed from Feb.21 to Mar. 31 in 2019.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-2-24 22:35:37 |Display all floors
I once flew to Shangri-la in Yunnan province for sightseeing, which is one of the gateways to Tibet.
But immediately after deplaning, I was struck by altitude stress, and fell under the weather in the following days. That's partly the reason I have refrained from visiting Tibet even when I was free to do that.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-6 16:36:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by emanreus at 2019-3-6 16:47
Liononthehunt Post time: 2019-2-24 22:35
I once flew to Shangri-la in Yunnan province for sightseeing, which is one of the gateways to Tibet. ...

Indeed,  Zhongdian is actually at an elevation of 3300 meters.

I took the bus from Kunming Yunnan province to Zhongdian.  Bitahai Lake, which is hidden in a valley of Snow Mountain at an altitude of 4,000 meters...
I did enjoy this trip all the way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2019-3-11 15:55:26 |Display all floors
I have not been to Tibet. One of my friends had stayed there for two years for teaching-assistance to the back-ward region whose description about his experience help me have a better understanding on local culture!
The people of the Tibetan nation are closer to the sky and at the meantime they have closer relationship with earth!  They kneel down with the five parts of the body tightly toughing the ground before god! Their face and hands look black which seem covered with a thick layer of dust that can protect them from sun-burning! This kind living habit is determined by the special climate who don't think earth is as dirty as we believe! I do appreciate their belief: All things including mountain and river have their own spirit-god to dominate the ‘body’ and human beings should not hurt those ‘living-creatures' by heavy pollution: Mother reminds daughter never use too much water for laundry or the river would become dirty and its god will certainly be angry with you and punish you later!

This proves one Chinese old saying: One region of soil and water have raised up a group of citizens!   So let‘s be serious on anti-pollution movement and do every thing neatly with less negative effect on the environment!
Childish pure  mindset can simplify your life which let you live in a light way! Without man-made troubles you will work in high efficiency!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.