Author: kevinruud

Family relation of HW's CEO [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-12-18 23:18:03 |Display all floors
kevinruud Post time: 2018-12-12 11:02
French people can express their opinion freely, why don't those Chinese-Canadians? Perhaps they have ...

Actually many of them are from the Diaspora and have never been to China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-18 23:21:27 |Display all floors
Chinese are not loved in Canada at all, they are hated by almost all whites and especially by the First Nations People in BC and the East coast.

I wouldn't make a generalization like that.  If you go down Pendrell Street you'll see many examples of the exact opposite.  It really depends on where you live.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-19 00:16:26 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-12-18 10:16
I believe support for Meng has to come at the national level.

Even if the entire Vancouver citize ...

not their fault...true, but it doesn't change the fact that Chinese are not welcome at all.

Sure, you may know a few that may even like you( They don't, they are just being polite) but no one wants a China man living next door to them.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-19 00:17:45 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-12-18 10:21
I wouldn't make a generalization like that.  If you go down Pendrell Street you'll see many exampl ...

Ha ha ha , fooled you did they??

Really, if you were anything but Asian you would hear the hate.
Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. Mark Twain

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-19 07:04:50 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2018-12-19 00:16
not their fault...true, but it doesn't change the fact that Chinese are not welcome at all.

Sure, ...

That's precisely what I am talking about -- you can surely voice your own experience if that suits you, but from your use of the words "China man," I can tell the kind of company you keep and hence your own prejudices.

I wouldn't go down that route if I were you.  I have MANY Juish friends and we all get along real fine.  Not all Jus are Zs who oppose China-Palestine relationship.   

No need to be too parochial all the time.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-19 07:13:25 |Display all floors
Saul Post time: 2018-12-19 00:17
Ha ha ha , fooled you did they??

Really, if you were anything but Asian you would hear the hate. ...

Not true.  It could be the case that Jus are not welcome in German neighborhoods, but Vancouver is a big city that can accommodate all kinds of people.  

I don't think everyone hates Jus or Chinese just because of their ethnicities, unless they have a real sense of inferiority themselves.  

I think this discussion is not leading anywhere because it is supposed to be on Miss Meng.

Expand your vistas and go to Pendrell Street.  I know it is a long walk but keep walking down the entire length of the street and see if the days look different from the nights.

Smile and you'll see smiles all over the place.

Growl and you'll see people growling back at you.

That's just normal.  Nobody is fooling anybody.

Have a nice day!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-19 20:40:50 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-12-18 18:13
Not true.  It could be the case that Jus are not welcome in German neighborhoods, but Vancouver is ...

Pendrell Street. No thanks, I don't like Hong Couver

My sister is a .govt employee in Vancouver and yes, Chinese are hated, even more so now that you have a couple of Canadians in jail.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.