Author: Perfumecity

Behind the Scenes in the World's Tastiest Destinations [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-12-3 13:27:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Perfumecity at 2018-12-6 00:10

8. Jordan

Sweet tooth? Stop at one of Amman's sweet shops for an eye-watering array of goodies. (Image Source: Astalor/Getty Images)

8.jpg

Though it sits within a troubled neighbourhood, Jordan is an accessible, safe place to taste and try your hand at making Middle Eastern cuisine. ‘The way to the heart is through the stomach’ is just as much an Arabian saying as a Western one, according to Sherin of Beit Sitti cooking school in Amman – a matriarchal family business that employs local women to give them an independent income. Flip pittas and char aubergines with these ladies and you’ll get a special insight into how entrenched food culture is in local Jordanian life.

Visit the capital’s hole-in-the-wall sweet shops (a legacy of Ottoman rule); harvest tomatoes with a Ghor al Mazra’a community near the Dead Sea to make the traditional dish galayet bandora through the Zikra Initiative; and join Bedouin chefs at Feynan Ecolodge on the cusp of the Dana Biosphere Reserve to learn how to fry perfect falafel.

Smile at whatever happens.
任它花开花落,一笑而过!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-12-3 16:03:33 |Display all floors
yes delicious food in jordan, but i had to settle for beef sausages for breakfast by the dead sea....
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-3 17:07:59 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-12-3 16:03
yes delicious food in jordan, but i had to settle for beef sausages for breakfast by the dead sea... ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-5 18:55:48 |Display all floors
Most beauty thread, should be editers pic

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-5 18:57:14 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-12-3 16:03
yes delicious food in jordan, but i had to settle for beef sausages for breakfast by the dead sea... ...

Jordan is a nice place.

8 years ago went to there

I also enjoyed food

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-12-5 20:38:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by parcher at 2018-12-6 11:19
Thankopam Post time: 2018-12-5 18:57
Jordan is a nice place.

8 years ago went to there

The food in the middle east is awsome.....i was once in doha during a stop over during ramadan. Apparently you should not eat between morning and 7pm evening. On arrival the taxi driver took me to this take away shop and we both had some food. When i asked him about not eating until the evening, he told the other taxi drivers that were eating and they all started laughing. I wonder how many more ignore the food ban?
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-12-5 22:20:19 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-12-5 13:38
The food in the middle east is awsome.....i was once in doha during a stop over during ramadan. Ap ...

Many
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.