Views: 617|Replies: 5

Henan students go on the run for breakfast [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-19 10:03:38 |Display all floors

(China Daily) A college in Central China’s Henan province launched the annual "Run for Breakfast" campaign on Monday to encourage students to brave the cold and exercise, Dahe Daily reported.

Students in Shangqiu Normal University can get a free breakfast, including an egg, bread and a cup of soy milk, after running three laps (1,200 meters) in the morning.

Since the college started the campaign in 2010, more than 5,300 students have participated.

The activity is good for those who find it hard to get up in the morning. Running can build up one’s body and there’s a free breakfast. I woke my roommate up this morning and we are happy after the run, said Ren Tingting, a freshman.

The campaign was initiated by the student news agency of the college. "The breakfast food is paid for by businesses," said Chen Pan, deputy head of the news agency. "We organized this activity to urge students to step out of the dormitory to work out and arouse their passion for sports."

Li Mengyuan, 20, organizer of the activity in Shangqiu Normal University said the free breakfast for the morning exercisers will last for two weeks starting from Nov 12 and she was glad to see more people to join in.

To have a partner exercising together helps students train harder and reap better results, which encouraged them to go outside instead of sleeping in the morning, Li said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-19 16:08:05 |Display all floors
I run every day.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-11-19 22:26:58 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-19 16:08
I run every day.

run from your wife
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-20 09:35:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-11-20 09:36
parcher Post time: 2018-11-19 22:26
run from your wife

If it is a wife that I am running from, it must have been yours.

I am just irresistible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-21 13:01:21 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-20 09:35
If it is a wife that I am running from, it must have been yours.

I am just irresistible.

This is witty.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-21 17:21:47 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2018-11-21 13:01
This is witty.

Believe or not, it is true.

As you said not long ago, great minds think alike.

I am like King Solomon, who presided over a case determining who was the real mother of a newborn child.

I would have said the same thing, "Let us cut the baby up and give each one equal portions of half each.

The real mother would say, "I don't want the child; just give it to the other claimant, " while the false pretender would say, "That's fair, half to each of us."

Just shoot at the under-belly of the crocodile, and you are bound to see him roll over in no time.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.