Author: appleeater

China's top political advisor elected as head of national council [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-31 11:23:51 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-10-30 15:11
To stay on the topic, it was the communist leadership that created the Taiwan problem to begin w ...

"It was a choice of the communists to not take Taiwan right there and then, and instead go to Korea to save the north. Not only did CPC create the Taiwan probem, but it was their illegitimate child while creating DPRK."

That is not right.  It was the US that stopped China advancing and taking Taiwan; and till today US is still very much meddling in Taiwan, which it has always recognised as a part of China!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-31 12:51:27 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2018-10-31 10:40
Do you really believe that the wealth is evenly distributed in the west? If you were really good ...

I have not made such claim, so there is no need to get defensive. Somebody asked, why I live in China when there are many poorer countries I could live in, and I explained why.

Few countries anywhere have evenly distributed wealth, but in China the division between poor and the wealthy is bigger and growing more than anywhere else, and it is the attitude of the poorer toward wealth (and wealthier) that make China catch out in my eyes. You can take this as some respect toward the Chinese people, if not the state.

You can also go deeper in thinking what evenly distributed wealth means. It does not always have to be about equal division between each and every individual, but division between what each individual works for and really deserves.

In this perspective too, I believe that China stands out as having the hardest working part of the population overly represented in the the lowest income group. Meanwhile some of the wealthiest, especially second generation (or first considering that wealth here has not existed very long) tycoons, more often than elsewhere do very little to earn it. And when they do, it is questionable whether their methods are sustainable or acceptable. This is improving, but you can look at early developments in Shenzhen's real estate industry for example.

That's the side effect of double digit growth. If you have money, it is easy to get more without really doing anything. In this perspective, I maintain that in China the division of wealth corresponds to division of labour and hard work less than in any developed nation in the west. This does not show in simple GDP per capita statistics - not everyone is born with the same human capital.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-31 12:53:39 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2018-10-31 10:52
Scuttlebutt spread by the delusional western media.
Of course it has been floated, so has hostile takeover and driving the Taiwanese to the sea.

No, it was some pro-Beijing commentator on this forum.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-31 13:00:06 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2018-10-31 10:52
Scuttlebutt spread by the delusional western media.
erected at the city of Xiamen, which is facing toward Da Chen Island currently govern by Taiwan, and translated as "Unifying China with One Country Two Systems".  See you are wrong again.

Your argument seems to be, that under unified China, Taiwan will not be governed by the CPC-led government of mainland China. Because that was also my original concept in this thread, that there should be a One China entity which would be above Taipei, Beijing and CPC equally.

This is not what HK or Macao have, and it is not what anybody worth their two cents has suggested. Your "One country, Two Systems" is worthless proposal to Taiwanese, because they see how it works in places where it is implemented.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-31 14:28:46 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-10-31 11:23
"It was a choice of the communists to not take Taiwan right there and then, and instead go to Kore ...
It was the US that stopped China advancing and taking Taiwan

US took a position between the two sides, and subsequently sent fleet there, only after Korean War started. Before that, Truman explicitly declared that they will not take sides even if communists invaded Taiwan. That naturally changed when Korean War broke.

Again, if China had not taken interest in the Korean peninsula (first with support and later with troops), USA would not have had that need to contain Chinese communists as a measure related to developments in Korea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-31 17:31:06 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-10-31 10:50
Most entities (countries and people alike), legitimate or not, become independent and sovereign on ...
Most entities (countries and people alike), legitimate or not, become independent and sovereign once they become of age. Fact is still, that DPRK would not exist, if it was not for intervention by Chinese troops against UN sanctioned forces in the south

The fact is the ROK would not have existed, if it wasn't for the intervention by the US in the Korean War, which strictly speaking was a civil war in the beginning.

It is that act against UN, which in my books makes China's act illegal, and DPRK therefore an illegitimate child of China.

The UN, which was dominated by the west in the 1950s,  admittedly was against the action of DPRK towards the South, but it didn't make it illegal. Have you heard that Trump is threating to pull out of the UN because he couldn't always get his own way with the organization? If the US withdrawal comes to pass, would you say that the US is an illegal country?

Actually my country was part of Sweden before, but then eloped to Russia, under which it enjoyed increased autonomy but still not full sovereignty.

Did you hint that your country folks were in the habit of jumping ship as you pleased? Not a good predisposition, if it is true.

I don't know what it is to you (or why it should be anything at all), but it serves me well.

Like I said I don't give two hoots for your personal life, but my suggestion is be a nice person in China, do something useful for your host country.

My closest connections to some of those provinces are from people working in both Guangdong and Zhejiang, with their children still left in muntains of rural Yunnan province, where I do live (not in the mountains, but in the province).

The way you look at a country's economy, you will certainly think the US is worse than your country, if you live in Missipi in the US, which is untrue. As you are living in one of the least developed areas in China, a tour around China would be badly needed for you to open your eyes, and have an accurate picture of the country, of which the economy is still going from strength to strength, though at a slower pace.

Do consider that I live here, and can see things with my own eyes. I don't have to rely in media western or eastern.

Some people could see much beyond their tunnel vision.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-31 17:32:13 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-10-30 15:11
To stay on the topic, it was the communist leadership that created the Taiwan problem to begin w ...
It was a choice of the communists to not take Taiwan right there and then, and instead go to Korea to save the north. Not only did CPC create the Taiwan probem, but it was their illegitimate child while creating DPRK.

Not so true.

Firstly, CPC did try to pursue KMT immediately after winning the civil war in mainland China by attacking the KMT forces in Jinmen island (situated between Taiwan and mainland China off the coast of Fujien province). If Jinmen island is taken, it would be a strategic place to launch an attack on Taiwan. However, PLA was mainly a land army lacking naval and air support at that time so the attack was not successful. That was sometime in Oct 1949, before the Korean war.

Secondly, China did not willfully support North Korea but was obliged to because during the civil war, North Korea supported the PLA with soldiers and support. China was obliged to help North Korea at that time.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.