Author: appleeater

China's top political advisor elected as head of national council [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-30 14:58:20 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2018-10-30 12:41
Could you see the fact that the oligarchy in the guise of democracy is above everything in the wes ...
oligarchy in the guise of democracy is above everything in the west? Do you also view it as a problem?

No I don't, because that alleged power of the western oligarchy is not written to stone and laws the same way the role of the party is in China. "Western oligarchy" came to power through market forces, and market forces will take it down when time comes. How's that with the party in China?

Does the party insist on Taipei being governed by it in a unified China? If you are informed enough, you would know the answer is no.

Perhaps then you'd be so kind, and refer me to official source citing the future position of Taiwan and it's governance under unified China, as planned by the CPC? So far it has not been kind enough to put forward such plan even for Hong Kong past year 2047, much less Taiwan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-30 15:11:08 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-10-30 13:28
And what's wrong with 'the party'?  It has brought China up from an impoverished country often lab ...
hat's wrong with 'the party'?  It has brought China up from an impoverished country

To stay on the topic, it was the communist leadership that created the Taiwan problem to begin with.

It was a choice of the communists to not take Taiwan right there and then, and instead go to Korea to save the north. Not only did CPC create the Taiwan probem, but it was their illegitimate child while creating DPRK.

The fact you are in China and not in Taiwan shows you are not that dumb

I'm in China because China (where I am) is poor, and not only financially poor. I take advantage of results of communist government, yes, but not the way you'd want to see it. And I'm not even an English teacher, who'd be here taking advantage of years of lost education under that same government.

Communists won the civil war allright, but it's the winners that keep taking all still today here. It is that which should change, regardless of having one party system or not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-30 16:07:01 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-10-30 14:58
No I don't, because that alleged power of the western oligarchy is not written to stone and laws ...

The western oligarchy is set in stone, tycoons and moguls are the real movers and shakers who pull strings on their court jesters, otherwise known as politicians in the west.

Though always cast in a negative light by the west, Hong Kong under the "one country, two system" formula has been doing pretty well, and it is inevitable that Taiwan would be doing even better under the genius arrangement.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-30 16:31:01 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-10-30 15:11
To stay on the topic, it was the communist leadership that created the Taiwan problem to begin w ...

Anybody who is geopolitically knowledgeable would know that China was right to defend its neighbor when US bombers flew over the borders and bombarded factories and houses in its territory. And DPRK and ROK are twins, if one of them is illegitimate, then the other one won't be legitimate either.

Interesting that you said you were taking advantage of results of communist government, and it transpires that China's extraordinary development under the CPC not only benefits its own population, but also foreigners. Bravo,
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-30 17:09:42 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2018-10-30 16:31
Anybody who is geopolitically knowledgeable would know that China was right to defend its neighbor ...
And DPRK and ROK are twins, if one of them is illegitimate, then the other one won't be legitimate either.

Technically DPRK is an illegitimate child of China (and to lesser degree of Soviet Union), while ROK is a legitimate child of USA (and west at large).

Interesting that you said you were taking advantage of results of communist government, and it transpires that China's extraordinary development under the CPC not only benefits its own population, but also foreigners. Bravo

Don't judge too soon, in either direction - it appears you didn't understand that statement of mine.

What I meant, is that I'm here because China is still poor in many ways, and places. It is that poverty that I am here to take advantage of. Not the growth or development - I could have my "KFC and Starbucks" elsewhere too, but it'll cost more.

So if I say that I'm here to take avantage of results of the communist government, that is to imply that China's continued poverty (and I repeat not only financially) can be contributed to that government.

On this note (again to stay on topic of the thread), you are free to look into GDP per capita between mainland and Taiwan.

Taiwan can surely never become "second biggest economy in the world", but why should they even want, when the people on average are so much better off economically than in mainland - and that's with less than 5% of the size of economy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-30 17:13:48 |Display all floors
Liononthehunt Post time: 2018-10-30 16:07
The western oligarchy is set in stone, tycoons and moguls are the real movers and shakers who pull ...
Hong Kong under the "one country, two system" formula has been doing pretty well, and it is inevitable that Taiwan would be doing even better under the genius arrangement.

So are you suggesting that the arragement in HK will continue past year 2047, or that Taiwan can expect the same treatment? Funny that themselves haven't been informed, and are only observing developments to the other direction.

You are now putting words into your leaders' mouths. Be careful with that kind.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-10-30 18:09:07 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-10-29 23:11
To stay on the topic, it was the communist leadership that created the Taiwan problem to begin w ...

""I'm in China because China (where I am) is poor, and not only financially poor.""

You've said plenty of stupid things in this forum but this has to be one of the worst.
China has the second largest economy in the world today.
There are hundred of countries poorer than China. Why don't you move to one of
them and complain about their government?
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.