Author: tenderloin

China prepare to stop trade with west if those countries accept US poison pill [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-23 14:33:01 |Display all floors
this is the question. taking tw is the easy part, but how do you hold onto tw? when we talk about the integration of tw, we have to look at hk, because they have similar values. and from the looks of it, after 20yrs of returning to china, hk still strikes me as anti chinese, with many pro western supporters. i am interested in knowing how you can guarantee keeping tw, and how do u prevent the pro westerners from starting trouble. i think tw will be quite different from the crimea

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-23 14:33:56 |Display all floors
how will this change geopolitics? does china have the same networks around the world that it did during the 60s?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-23 17:23:34 |Display all floors
The only realistic way to unite Taiwan and Mainland, is to wait until mainland's reforms reach a state where the two are compatible.

First and foremost, that requires Beijing to be more transparent and proactive in determining the future of HK beyond 2047. Taiwanese will not accept Beijing administration if they either don't know what will happen in HK, or are not happy with whatever happens there. And Beijing shouldn't want more systems in one country than it can handle.

But as we speak, Bejing is just drifting more apart. With current developments, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to unite peacefully, and doing it by any other means will get Taiwan to Beijing, while losing much of the rest of the world.

Essentially the problem is, that Beijing does not really accept a "One China" entity that is above the PRC and above the party.

If it did, it would simple to unite under such One China, and other countries could recognize and interact with this entity as a real country rather than imaginary construct.

They would have diplomatic relations with this One China, rather than choosing between either Tapei or Beijing, and One China would deal with internal governance with it's two (or more) constituents.

But this will not happen, because CPC wil not accept leadership from such One China.

One can also ask, what concrete reasons does Beijing have for wanting Taiwan. None, other than keeping it from going its own way, because that would send conflicting messages to other regions that China really needs.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-23 20:01:42 |Display all floors
tenderloin Post time: 2018-10-22 23:02
China will use this opportunity to take back Taiwan for force. It won't just trade war. It will chan ...

i hope what you said is true, because the war can destroy many things and after that we could build so many houses and roads, it will be a new era. god bless you!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-23 20:07:41 |Display all floors
giz Post time: 2018-10-23 14:33
this is the question. taking tw is the easy part, but how do you hold onto tw? when we talk about th ...

you are so profound. but you should know that if we liberate tw by forces, then we can keep them by forces.
just a new xj. it is easy to change tw into good citizens because most of them are Han nationality

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-23 20:15:47 |Display all floors
the local governments' debt is already very high,  the central government's debt is high too. what can happen if we do not trade with the west. history tells us that the west is good at developing economy, the rich countries in the world all are the west or trading with them. hope we can continue cooperate with them

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-23 23:56:21 |Display all floors
it is easy to change tw into good citizens because most of them are Han nationality. thats what people said about hk, but the feeling i get from hongers is that they are anti chinese. also, i am expecting america will continue to back pro western factions within the province just like russia backs the pro russians in donbas. the only way to prevent this is to block all foreign flights coming in or out

also, if the mainland reforms reaches tw's level, then china might as well become a colony of the west like tw is now

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.