Author: zhao jianguo

宁用武大郎,不选穆桂英 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-25 16:13:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-10-25 16:15
kevinruud Post time: 2018-10-24 17:02
I am interested. It is the first time I hear of such a saying in Chinese, perhaps it is due to cultu ...

I am surprised that you haven't heard of Mu Guiying.  Unless that picture in your avatar isn't yours, I assumed that you are a Chinese intellectual and should know who Mu Guiying is since she is just such a well-known figure.

Now I understand why you didn't know Vice-premier Chen Yun's reference to "seeking truth from facts" and not "seeking reality from facts."

You probably didn't grow up in a traditional intellectual Chinese family or else it is impossible that you haven't heard of Mu Guying inasmuch as it is impossible for an older American not to have heard of Marilyn Monroe.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-25 16:22:00 |Display all floors
zhao jianguo Post time: 2018-10-25 16:10
A good idea!

Kudos to you too, Zhao.  Yes, invoking Wiki as an afterthought was a great idea.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-25 17:13:49 |Display all floors
kevinruud Post time: 2018-10-24 17:02
I am interested. It is the first time I hear of such a saying in Chinese, perhaps it is due to cultu ...

just like Chinese man like the beautiful girl, but facebook's boss marry a woman who is not so beautiful, or at least whose beauty cannot match with the huge amount of money

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-26 12:05:01 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-10-24 11:12
Just beat it, Mister.

You know very well that your arguments aren't supported by your circuitous  ...

Looks like you and Mr Zhao are two persons who have spent a lot of time here, though it has nothing to do with our discussion, but it is funny to notice it.

Don't try to talk down, OK? We are here to discuss something on the equal footing, and I am not seeking your advice of how to make money in China or how to get a good life without working hard or other chicken soup like that.

In this country people are often deceived, that is an undeniable reality. Otherwise there would not have been the revision of textbooks in which the time period for anti-Japanese invasion has been moved 6 years forward, totally changing the traditional perception in the society that the war is 8-year-long. If history like that can be revised as necessary, then my perspective on a saying that cannot hold water is nothing surprising, only to some people who have been pleasant to be a fool for too long, they think it is unacceptable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-26 18:04:03 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-10-25 16:13
I am surprised that you haven't heard of Mu Guiying.  Unless that picture in your avatar isn't your ...

You re right, the portrait is not mine, as an adult, I do not put my personal info in a public forum because it may get me in trouble. I am not what you think I am, and it is pointless to try to identify me.

You overestimate the influence of Mu Guiying, perhaps she is a celebrity in North China, but she is not so in other parts of the country. for example, I cannot understand the excellence of cross talks and Northern-style comic plays, like many other fellow citizens living in the south.

About the matter of Vice Premier, I almost forgot it and am surprised to see you still get it in your heart.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-27 10:50:36 |Display all floors
UpWithYourHand Post time: 2018-10-26 12:05
Looks like you and Mr Zhao are two persons who have spent a lot of time here, though it has nothin ...

Yours is a typical case of "For whom the bell tolls."

Only folks who have a serious case of self-inferiority complex would think that a frank discussion like this is equivalent to "talking down" at them.  

You made a serious mistake in a simple translation and I corrected it, and I even quoted an unbiased source to show you the objective facts.  Any fair person who has had a traditional education in the Chinese classics would know who Wu Da Lang and Mu Guiying are and what the two represent.

You pretended to know them and at first I tried to give you face without saying yours was a total misinterpretation, and asked the other discussants to mind your opinions, but you kept on trying to obfuscate the issues and talked big about nonexistent falsehoods.

This kind of irreverent irrelevance on your part is further proven here by your introduction of another topic totally irrelevant to the case at hand -- you are now trying to blame the re-interpretation of the chronology of the Sino-Ja.panese War by extending it seven years back to 1931.

This demonstrates that you are a TW-educated fella blaming the Mainland government for not following the islanders' version of the S-J War (8 years from 1937-45).

I am not going to give you an education which you should have had when you grew up in TW, except to tell yolu that the Shenyang (Mukden) Incident on 9.18.1931was marked as a large-scale attack against the Chinese garrison in Shenyang under KMT rule led by Chiang Kai-shek, whose non-resistive policies resulted in the sovereignty transfer of the three northeastern provinces to Japan.   That's why the KMT never wanted to include that shameful episode as the start of the S-J War lest the reputation of Chiang Kai-shek got tainted.

So why shouldn't the Shenyang Incident be considered anew as the start of the S-J War?  The subsequent attack at Marco Polo Bridge was the beginning of the conflict in Huabei, not Dongbei, both of which were in China proper.  So the formal war lasted 14 years from 1931-45, not 8 years as you had been told in the TW secondary school curriculum.

You are an argumentative, brash, hostile young man awaiting someone to really teach you a lesson.  I have no interest in you whatsoever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-27 11:19:42 |Display all floors
UpWithYourHand Post time: 2018-10-26 12:05
Looks like you and Mr Zhao are two persons who have spent a lot of time here, though it has nothin ...

Yours is a typical case of "For whom the bell tolls."

Only folks who have a serious case of self-inferiority complex would think that a frank truth-seeking discussion like this is equivalent to "talking down" at them.  

You made a serious mistake in a simple translation and I corrected it, and I even quoted an unbiased source to show you the objective authenticity of Mu Guiying.  Any fair person who has had a traditional secondary-school education in the Chinese classics would know who Wu Da Lang and Mu Guiying are and what the two represent.

You pretended to know them and at first I tried to give you face without saying yours was a total misinterpretation, and asked the other discussants to mind your opinions lest your feelings be hurt, but you kept on trying to obfuscate the issues and talked big about nonexistent falsehoods.  Then I had no choice but to stop you right there and then.

This kind of irreverent irrelevance on your part is further proven here by your introduction of another topic totally irrelevant to the case at hand -- you are now trying to abruptly change the topic by talking about the chronology of the Sino-Japanese War in having the start date to 1931 instead of 1937.

This demonstrates that you are a Taiwan-educated fella blaming the Mainland government for not following the islanders' version of the Sino-Japanese War (only 8 years from 1937-45).

I am not going to give you an education which you should have had in Taiwan, except to tell you that the Shenyang (Mukden) Incident on 9.18.1931was marked as a large-scale attack against the Chinese garrison in Shenyang under KMT rule led by Chiang Kai-shek, whose no-resistance policies resulted in the sovereignty transfer of the three northeastern provinces to Japan without a fight.   

That's why the KMT never wanted to include that shameful episode as the start of the Sino-Japanese War in your history books lest the reputation of Chiang Kai-shek got tainted.

That's precisely why the Shenyang Incident be considered as the start of the Sino-Japanese War?  The subsequent attack at Marco Polo Bridge was the beginning of the conflict in Huabei, not Dongbei, both of which were in China proper as of 1931.

If you count from 1937, then Shenyang wouldn't be considered as part of Chinese territory at that particular moment in the full account of the war.

So the formal war lasted 14 years from 1931-45, not 8 years as you had been told in the Taiwanese secondary school curriculum.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.