Views: 3456|Replies: 12

Money for Jail Terms [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-10-3 22:32:54 |Display all floors
Chinese actress FBB is exempted prison after agreeing to pay the fine for her tax evasion

The big amount is big only to average people, but is not so big to people like her

You need to win first prize of lottery which is 5 million yuan for half a year non-stop to have the fine ready

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2018-10-4 00:07:18 |Display all floors
I'm sure the western propaganda press will be sorely disappointed that fan bingbing didn't "disappear" like they have been reporting for months now.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-4 09:33:34 |Display all floors
She agreed to pay the fine only but hasn't paid it yet.

The authorities have announced she will be exempted from criminal charge.

If you are a nobody, you cannot get this friendly treatment, even you break the law with your broken tricycle, it will be towed away and will not be returned to you unless you pay the fine that can buy two or three new tricycles of the same or better type.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-4 13:50:42 |Display all floors
Bingyangnoodles Post time: 2018-10-4 09:33
She agreed to pay the fine only but hasn't paid it yet.

The authorities have announced she will be  ...

"The authorities have announced she will be exempted from criminal charge."

Is that so?  I've read a more complete version, that they would charge her for criminal offence if she did not pay up on time!  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-4 13:57:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-10-4 13:59
robert237 Post time: 2018-10-4 00:07
I'm sure the western propaganda press will be sorely disappointed that fan bingbing didn't "disappea ...

But she did 'disappear' for months and only surfaced now!  Remember, she is a famous movie star, even disappearance of a few days is big news to her millions of fans!  I know where you are coming from though;  the western propaganda press tried to paint a picture of her 'disapearance' as foul play on the part of the Chinese authority!  Good that she re-appeared, or else the rumor mill would go into full gear!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-4 15:11:55 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-10-4 13:50
"The authorities have announced she will be exempted from criminal charge."

Is that so?  I've rea ...

Where have you read that? So far, there has had no official report about the news on this newspaper site. The Chinese news resources all say that she will not be thrown into a prison without mentioning the condition.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-10-6 10:51:40 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2018-10-4 00:07
I'm sure the western propaganda press will be sorely disappointed that fan bingbing didn't "disappea ...

Is there anything wrong if they did say so? Isn't it the truth?

Sometimes China's authorities also quote the Western propaganda sources to prove a point, especially when they(the authorities) are flattered indirectly.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.