Author: Grace222

Chinese university student expelled over insulting China   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2018-9-28 17:46:43 |Display all floors
cant force people to love their countries. look at robert.....kicked out when Trump became president, And is now  living in china in exile  
if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-28 21:23:05 |Display all floors
As a general matter, as a patriot and American, I think this University in China has the correct intention.  One might debate the most appropriate response that avoids repression of ideas, but from our experience in the US, we find that the universities are breeding grounds for radical anti-social thinking that creates animosity and undermines prosperity and welfare of the people.  The students who hate their country are often involved with groups that incite racial and group conflict.  Oftentimes these radicals have mental problems they try to resolve in angry politics.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-28 21:23:17 |Display all floors
As a general matter, as a patriot and American, I think this University in China has the correct intention.  One might debate the most appropriate response that avoids repression of ideas, but from our experience in the US, we find that the universities are breeding grounds for radical anti-social thinking that creates animosity and undermines prosperity and welfare of the people.  The students who hate their country are often involved with groups that incite racial and group conflict.  Oftentimes these radicals have mental problems they try to resolve in angry politics.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-28 21:23:29 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-28 21:28:09 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-28 21:31:26 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-28 21:51:10 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2018-9-28 17:46
cant force people to love their countries. look at robert.....kicked out when Trump became president ...

That's right, Mr. Parcher!

Of course you can say we can't force people to love their countries, but in the same breath you ought to say that we shouldn't have to take up the burden of sending such people to institutions of higher learning so that later in their lives they would have the wherewithals to do damage to the nation.

Loving not not loving would be his own choice to make, and is not the issue here.

You will recall that it was Stern Hu's own choice to betray China, using his Beijing University diploma to gain the confidence of high-level Chinese officials in the iron ore industry to give him secretive trade data that eventually cost the country Y700 Billion, roughly equivalent to $110 Billion at that time.  

So under the circumstances the young undergraduate's wound is largely self-inflicted, in that he cannot enjoy his beneficiary status as a Chinese citizen and then bite the hand that is feeding him.  His is an unconscionable and despicable act that naturally earns the wrath of those who understand why the university is so adamant in speedily executing the expulsion order.  

As in the case of the Hong-Kong-Independence farce, this kind of declaration has absolutely nothing to do with upholding freedom of speech, but has everything to do with the perpetrator's moral DNA.  To a Chinese, precisely because of the trauma inflicted by foreign powers in the Century of Humiliation from the Opium Wars (1839-1842) to the Revolution (1949), loving the nation is an unspoken part of being a Chinese -- whether you live on the Yangtze carrying a PRC passport or in the diaspora living in Addis Ababa.  Such a code of ethics is more deeply embedded in the nation's collective conscience than the Torah is cherished in the bossoms of orthodox Jews nodding furiously in the synagogues.

Coming back to our issue at hand, it can be seen from Hu's case that it is the collective interest of the nation that is at stake in considering the expulsion of this young man.  Wasn't it a Western admonition that "fool-me-once shame-on-you, fool-me-twice shame-on-me"?  We simply cannot afford to have the likes of Stern Hu appear again in our midst.

So let me repeat: such a vitally important national interest dictates against our nurturing such a bad seedling into a full-blown traitor.  Yes, of course he can still go abroad to earn his diploma, but the expulsion will forever leave an unsightly demerit on his permanent record from here to eternity.

Finally, did you know that the Australian government actually sent an official to welcome Stern Hu's early release from a Shanghai prison before whisking him back to Australia to be welcomed by the China-baiting Turnbull administration as an Australian hero?

That piece of news churned my gastronomic juices inside out because it was such an abominable act of betrayal.  --  it was as if a scar-faced midget were married to a faithful, smart and pretty woman who had given no cause for a divorce, and then the midget fell for a ugly shrew just because she was a Z talented in the art of marathon fellatio.

If one person can bring on that kind of damage, it stands to reason that the Chinese nation has to guard against similar occurrences by instituting preventive measures at the incipient stage of the game.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.