Author: zhao jianguo

木欣欣以向荣,泉涓涓而始流 [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-11-1 14:34:25 |Display all floors
the fact is most of black people are as low as the monkeys in forest and they even create and spread the virus of AIDS to the rest of the world.

I don't think you should talk like that about blacks.  This is really not good for the image of the speaker himself.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-1 19:54:49 |Display all floors
It is said Zhang Lu is not a real English major, she changed her interest of study due to the need of her post, so it is understandable she would have made such errors, and many of her translation works are clumsy in retrospect, but given that she worked under high pressure, she is not to blame.
As to my proficiency, I know better than you do, Mr. wchao37, i am able to exchange ideas with English speakers around the world and have gained some money from the English I use, and I think it is enough.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-2 13:04:16 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-11-2 13:08
JimSlip Post time: 2018-11-1 19:54
It is said Zhang Lu is not a real English major, she changed her interest of study due to the need o ...

I am sure you are very good in YOUR own mind.

Whether a person is good or not at doing something is really not up to him/her to determine.

As a teacher of kindergarten kids, you are obviously more than sufficient for the purpose -- except that your Chinglish does seem a little too profound for me.

Then of course Zhang Lu is not "a real English major" -- no human being ever is!

And of course translation works aren't clumsy at all -- only human beings are.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-2 16:42:03 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-11-2 13:04
I am sure you are very good in YOUR own mind.

Whether a person is good or not at doing something i ...

So you think a teacher of kindergarten is inferior to you? And all you said is in perfect British English without any local features of China?

Clumsy can also be used figuratively if you have ever learned figure of speech, haha, you should broaden your mind and think out of a box. In real life, I guess, you do not have real contact with real foreigners who do not know any Chinese, you did show us you are good at using English, but it is with us Chinese-speaking Chinese folks.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-3 08:05:13 |Display all floors
JimSlip Post time: 2018-11-2 16:42
So you think a teacher of kindergarten is inferior to you? And all you said is in perfect British  ...

Again a case of "for whom the bell tolls" -- where did you see the word "inferior."?

Nobody says your being a kindergarten teacher is inferior to anybody, unless in your own mind you feel that way.  

Your entire demeanor speaks for itself -- haughty and mean -- as was reflected in your comments about Ms. Zhang Lu.  

Only a woman very jealous in temperament would heap abuse on such a talented translator, and so unforgiving of her occasional errors.  No man would even speak of her that way.

British English?  You must be thinking of your uncle Yang Rui of CCTV-9 or CGTN.  I am certainly not a fan of that kind of accent, but apparently you can HEAR my accent through the cyberwaves.

You guess wrong and so you've got a zero for your final evaluation of this forumite.

What you meant by "clumsy" was "all tangled up" -- which is more appropriate to describe your own writing style.  

Try to use the correct punctuation marks and don't let your sentences run into one another, or else sooner or later you'll have an empty kindergarten classroom -- no parent would let his/her child attend your classes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-3 20:17:14 |Display all floors
Wow, what's happening here?

Almost 2500 visitors to this thread, and still climbing.

I must warn you I am naked before taking a shower.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-11-3 20:19:16 |Display all floors
And what are you looking at down here?

Stop staring!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.