Author: ceciliazhang

Chinese tourists brutally treated by Swedish police   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-9-17 15:50:20 |Display all floors
Jaaja Post time: 2018-9-17 15:39
Beating means using fists and knuckles (if not a weapon of some kind) to hit a person, perhaps kic ...

Zeng's father was beaten awake after losing consciousness during the ride to the cemetery. The photo was taken a few days later.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-17 15:54:18 |Display all floors
I don't know any hotel that will allow people to sleep in the reception area overnight.
There would be health and safety rules and regulations about this.

When travelling, especially to a foreign country it is the travellers responsibility to check arrival times, check-in times etc.

If i arrive earlier than my check-in time, i will contact the hotel in advance and arrange to leave my luggage somewhere until i can check in.
I find courtesy begets courtesy.

I

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-17 16:08:53 |Display all floors
ceciliazhang Post time: 2018-9-17 14:17
What does brutallly mean to you? What if you were put in the elderly man's shoes? What if you were ...

there would be insurance reasons (fire, health and safety reasons), why people are not allowed sleep over-night in a hotel reception.
There would also be the issue of security.
This is why you don't see homeless people sleeping in hotel reception areas.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-17 16:16:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by BlondeAmber at 2018-9-17 17:06

a hotel reception are is not a public place, as a park or footpath is.
It is privately owned.
The management has the right to ask you to leave as they have a duty of care to the paying guests, especially at night when they are asleep.

If the hotel staff feel threatened by the behaviour of anyone on the premises, they are within their rights to ask for police assistance.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Contributor 2012 August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2018-9-17 18:57:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by aziz at 2018-9-17 17:16

Sorry to learn that incident.

I am getting one side messege but if I could read the Swedish side statement----------.

But the discussions by our posters clear a bit about the customs of two different countries.It is true the hotel dont receive guest in midnight as well they come earlier than schedule time. Once we face this prob in HKG and we catch the carriers supervisor.She arranged two room in the attached hotel run by Dragonair. These family if cunning enough they may stay back in the airport lounge.Things become difficult when they want to sleep in the lobby area.They might remember they are not PRINCE of KSA sleeping in the Riz lobby. Sorry , every tourist must aware about the situation of their arrival venue.   

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2018-9-17 20:03:54 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-17 20:29:48 |Display all floors
aziz Post time: 2018-9-17 18:57
Sorry to learn that incident.

I am getting one side messege but if I could read the Swedish side st ...

re:  "but if I could read the Swedish side statement"-----

https://www.thelocal.se
  https://www.aftonbladet.se
  https://sverigesradio.se

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.