Author: lostalien

Trade war??? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-9-10 13:10:37 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-9-10 14:04

The quotation by Boston sounds like a typical passage from that Navarro chap who is guiding the economic policies of the real-estate man at the Casa Blanca (also known as the White House), who had apparently been traumatized by his childhood experience living with his single mom in New York.  

Little wonder there were rumors that his mom had an unfortunate encounter with an Asian intruder who did more than just burglarizing from the apartment.  This is purely reaction formation on his part talking about Chinese IP theft.  

China has done a better job at IP protection than most countries in the world, and this fact is even acknowledged by unbiased observers at the WTO and UN.  That denial of China's so-called IP theft by the WTO and UN is the reason why the real-estate man is threatening to withdraw from WTO -- he said the organization is unfair to his nation, while it is exactly the reps from his nation that propounded, approved and established all the major trading rules subsequently adopted and followed by all WTO members, including China (yes, after waiting 15 long years to secure approval from the good old USA, which goes to show that it wasn't haphazardly given to China, and that no one was taking advantage of the Originator of the WTO except the poor bloke himself, who had been getting lazier and less competititve as China thrived).

The situation is like a naked girl sitting on the sidewalk crying rape day and night and when asked by passersby why she didn't try to protect herself by wearing some clothes or carrying a weapon, kept on claiming that all men are animals and it was not HER responsibility to protect herself.

Your IP theft allegation implies that Americans are like that naked girl, who are all so dumb that they keep on allowing themselves to have their IP rights stolen (i.e. taken without compensation) or being molested from head to toe by the Chinese.

I think such IP-theft-accusers are grossly underestimating the legendary intelligence of Americans.  These folks sure know how to protect their IP rights from the very beginning, and I can assure you such allegations are nothing more than dirty gimmicks to extort an impossible deal from their Chinese competitors.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-10 13:11:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wchao37 at 2018-9-10 13:12

There he goes again...

A typical 250 as they say in Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-10 16:30:23 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-9-10 11:25
markwu is a scholar, and Ph.D. thesis-like material are supposed to be studied, and not read like c ...

I see that you really enjoy reading fiction. Keep reading, maybe one day you'll get to the non-fiction section of the library.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-10 16:56:05 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2018-9-10 16:30
I see that you really enjoy reading fiction. Keep reading, maybe one day you'll get to the non-fic ...

Most fiction is written in the conversational style, dig?

What about markwu's work?  Do you see any part of it written in that style?

Of course he has the right to project what he foresees.

Another liangbaiwu = 250.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-10 20:02:38 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-9-10 16:56
Most fiction is written in the conversational style, dig?

What about markwu's work?  Do you see a ...

Fiction fits your persona. What about markwu's work?  I don't like fiction. And yes, he can project what he foresees, but that doesn't mean I have to read it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-17 22:19:56 |Display all floors
i worked for a Major government body that managed ALL patents in China. from my 7 year tenure I learned that the IP theft game' works for all.  In other words, everyone does it the same way. its all about money.
who cares. it isn't going to matter to anyone reading this blog in 50 years.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-17 23:09:51 |Display all floors
lostalien Post time: 2018-9-17 22:19
i worked for a Major government body that managed ALL patents in China. from my 7 year tenure I lear ...

Sure in 50 years; but today it matters. China needs to kick the IP theft habit.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.