- Registration time
- Last login
- Online time
- 3066 Hour
- Reading permission
Looks like the trumpians are hellbent on finishing off China no matter what China does.|
What can China then do?
In the coming months, consider the following:
- defer the OBOR projects by two years; at the moment they are tying up funds and manpower and not returning any revenue; two years is a good amount of time to weigh the final outcome of the US trade travesties without rusting the OBOR assets besides redeploying the funds for more domestic activities;
- by the same token, reduce or stop the purchase of US treasuries; if the US economy is humming, their businesses can well afford to finance their own foreign purchases of goods and services; their interest rates and dollar value will then rise which will add to more yuan when the present reserves are cashed on maturity; right now, the trumpians are playing on China's need for US buyers in order to destabilize China's plans for her own development;
- swing all SOEs to support the domestic SMEs exclusively; a new economic development model may be needed, one never seen or attempted before; doing so will phasally rechannel parts of each SOE to apply their resources to support the SMEs, provide relief to the SMEs presently suffering from US trade protectionism, win state popularity from the millions of these small to medium scale enterprises which form the backbone of the national manpower and free them into total entrepreneurship besides unloading and derisking the SOEs from their legacy issues; the model must however at the same time optimize sovereign ratings and creditworthiness with view to more inbound investments can be maintained in the near future; part of the swing can also rope in support and joint-ventures with the European Community, Russia, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, India and the Balkans while enhancing the African economies as new supply chains;
- reshape and sharpen the military defense spear; at the moment its modernization takes up a large part of the GDP; the same objective can be maintained by a careful and strategic focus on the right tools for the plausible situations that can arise from any US or alliance military adventurism in the near term; such can specifically include nuke hyperjet missiles for fleet total destruction, satellite imaging defacement techniques, and fast deployment response to any Korean or Formosan conflict; at the same time, consider a new diplomatic initiative for a China-Japan-DPRK-ROK roundtable consultation whose frequency of meeting will be pegged to a mutually pre-agreed index that measures regional tensions;
- deepen China2025 programs by an accelerated global recruitment of best experts to either work in China, or with China from wherever they may be sited; the conditions of employment or engagement can be made more creative; design, innovation, prototyping and market testing need not be in the same geography; they can be each done at different places and the results brought together convergently; quantum computing holds huge promise in all fields including AI and 5G; similarly ask if not silicon or germanium, anything else that can open a new pathway to microchip making that bypasses present constraints and limitations of semiconductor equipment and photolithography techniques.
At the end of the day, what the trumpians have done is to increase China's resolve to be self-reliant and resilient which her peoples have shown since the beginning of time; maybe this is tianxia's final test. China has enough confidence to score straight A's no matter what.
Incidentally, the first book on the US White House under Trump was titled Fire and Fury, and the second book just out is titled Fear. So we have fire, fury and fear; coming out of the caves of Washington, this doesn't bode well for the World.