Author: ceciliazhang

Chinese billionaire Liu of JD.com arrested in Minneapolis   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-9-7 13:55:32 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-9-7 11:22
The Reform and Opening Up policy created many millionaires, but mostly the uneducated ones who jump ...

The American millionaires are no better than the Chinese ones.
Believe it or not, it's true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-7 15:24:55 |Display all floors
Boston101 Post time: 2018-9-4 00:48
The #metoo has become outrageous, Richard Liu was a victim.

what's #metoo

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-7 17:28:58 |Display all floors
symondsez Post time: 2018-9-7 15:24
what's #metoo

That is the trend of former sex victims climbing out of their closet of self-doubt and shame to publicly accuse their abusers -- usually rich or powerful men.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-7 17:55:52 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-9-7 11:10
"Had he been accompanied by his wife or bodyguard everywhere he went, no one would have been able  ...

Nope, I would say most likely he didn't have a bodyguard around at the time of the commotion -- someone within earshot of the accuser, or else he wouldn't even have been nabbed by the police.  

It is reasonable to assume that businessmen who end up in jail staring into a mug-shot camera after being arrested for alleged sex-crimes must be traveling without wives or bodyguards.  

Please note that this was by no means an isolated incident and so most likely a lady of the night was involved.  That's why we heard that the accuser in the other case was found guilty soon after the alleged incident -- only a case involving a known woman prying her trade could have warranted such a swift decision.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-7 21:29:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WENGEWANG at 2018-9-10 11:48
pnp Post time: 2018-9-7 11:14
Because many grew rich without proper education, just happened to be at the right place at the rig ...

people dont become smart through education. people are born smart. u can sit a dumb person in college for 10yrs, and he;ll still be dumb. i know a guy who went to itt tech for 5yrs, and he didnt become any smarter after he graduated. actually, he was in special ed too back in the day.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-8 14:55:03 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2018-9-8 14:55
wchao37 Post time: 2018-9-7 17:55
Nope, I would say most likely he didn't have a bodyguard around at the time of the commotion -- so ...

"only a case involving a known woman prying her trade could have warranted such a swift decision."

So, this billionaire goes for cheap woman prying her trade! No class!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-9-8 16:02:05 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2018-9-8 14:55
"only a case involving a known woman prying her trade could have warranted such a swift decision."

I wouldn't bet on them being "cheap."

What's cheap to a billionaire might be an astronomical figure for npn -- NOT pnp, of course.

Like I said, carelessly exposing himself to the risk of being arrested in a nation that has designated China as its Number One Foe reflects his poor judgment, which in turn has roiled the stock market.

That is the issue here, and not whether he is accountable for any alleged sexual misconduct.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.