Author: UYA

America Cannot Keep Hoping the Military Will Solve Everything   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2018-8-27 16:52:39 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2018-8-27 16:28
Just back from a few days of absence. OK, noted. I will see if I can find and read it.

Likewise for me.  Short vacations are beneficial.  Long ones aren't.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-27 17:12:39 |Display all floors
markwu Post time: 2018-8-26 06:36
Google Maps are produced by a company called DigitalGlobe. Sometimes next to that name is the name ' ...

Hehe, could very well be.

Just out of curiosity, I took some opportunity to learn about GIS and it is interesting what they can do these days.  The navy is always involved in data-mining -- collecting geological information for future use.   That's why they go to the South China Sea so often -- part of the reason is to monitor China's nuclear submarines that could only be stationed in the deep waters of Sanya.  The continental shelf in East China extends hundreds of miles out to the Western Pacific and is no more than a few hundred feet in depth.  That's why no Chinese subs can plausibly be stationed in the East China Sea with the hope that they would never be detected.  And that's also why they're talking about tunneling through the Taiwan Strait from Fukien to Taizhong.  It wouldn't have been a feasible proposition if the Taiwan Strait is like Mariana Trench off the Philippines.  I can hardly wait for the day when the cross-strait tunnel materializes.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-27 17:14:12 |Display all floors
wchao37 Post time: 2018-8-27 16:52
Likewise for me.  Short vacations are beneficial.  Long ones aren't.

True. Good to see you and Mark Wu posting again. I personally prefer to read and learn rather than to post. I have seen many good posters gone or banned but I hope they can return to post.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-8-28 01:32:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by HailChina! at 2018-8-28 01:33

What a load of bullcrap. Terrorists could do more damage than your overpriced militaries. And less than 8000 dead yankees since 9/11? That is pathetic. Especially considering that a good percentage of those would have died in helicopter crashes and friendly fire incidents. How many Americans died in 9/11? If there are really so many terrorists out there then why haven't they done something better than 9/11? They never do anything. If real terrorists wanted to destroy USA it wouldn't be very hard. China military worried about missile defense. How easy would it be to get some broken arrow van nukes into USA through Mexico? You could just drive them into USA. It would be easy. Imagine ten of them. Twenty. Thirty. Terrorists could blow the $%$% out of America that way. China could pay them. But China doesn't want to defeat USA.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-8-28 01:42:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by HailChina! at 2018-8-28 01:48

Only 3000 died in 9/11. That's not a lot really. If I was a terrorist I would want to go much bigger. Van nukes big.

And more terrifying. Like how about grenades at an NFL game. Imagine that. Some terrorist up in the nose bleeds throwing grenades down on the crowd below. And one explodes and the crowd all push out trampling and crushing each other - crushing children as they rush away in terror - and the terrorist throws another grenade where the crowd is pushed tightest. And he just keeps doing it until he runs out of grenades. Or you could have a few terrorists doing this at the same time. Imagine that. People would never forget that. Or how about drones that drop napalm on a crowd at an NFL game. Imagine that. You do a heap of stuff like this and it all builds to the van nukes. And the terrorists tell the media that they have van nukes inside USA before they are used.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2018-8-28 01:52:41 |Display all floors
How about a terrorist with a bazooka in New York. He chooses a busy street packed with cars and he blows one up and then he blows up another one at the end if the street so all the cars are trapped in between the two exploded cars. And then he starts blowing up random cars that are stuck in the middle. Why don't terrorists ever do anything like that? They are worthless. But they don't have to be.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2018-8-28 01:58:19 |Display all floors
It will dissolves for sure ! Said the man who shitted into the sink !
Round Up is good for developing the mind

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.